Author Topic: Problem Completing Bows?  (Read 3799 times)

Offline kayakfisher

Re: Problem Completing Bows?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 11:26:41 pm »
I usually start one and stay with it till its finished, But after the head injury I have one  with a layer of sinew on it waiting for another layer and started on a hickory bow, plus straightening shoots for arrows .[We as primitive archers must ban together to approach are government to put into legislation the P.A.M.B.M.T  act there just isn't enough time in the day.
                                    Dennis

Please Allow More Bow Making Time
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 06:38:08 pm »
I have a problem finishing bows sometimes and it is due to my ADHD, which is Attention Deficit Disorder in HiDef.  I have a thing about perfectionism becuase of the ADHD, and if I don't finish the bow (or any other project for that matter), then I have an excuse for it not being "perfect".  Other times it is becaue I am stymied by some problem in the stave and I need to set it aside before I lose my cool.  And thirdly, I love the initial stages of roughing out the bow.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dano

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 07:41:40 pm »
First the P.A.M.B.M.T  act needs to be approved by the better half, and then we can push it through congress, that's if they aren't on a break. ::)

Jw, I used to have the same problem when I first started woodworking, It's kind of a let down when the project doesn't finish to your expectations. But after a while I put ,more time into the finish sanding and application of finish and spend less time agonizing over the little flaws, and more time into planning a new project. We do this for a hobby, a sense of accomplishment, and relaxation. If it gets aggravating then we can just put that project aside and  just go fling a few arrows. It's all good!! ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline wodpow

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 08:43:15 pm »
Thats me get them about 75% done and  let them set lots of the time if I don;t really know how I want to make the handle are if I want to cut a arrow shelf with a knot so close or want some art work on the back or should I build up the handle area. I just brown my plains rifle barrel now to do the rest of the butt plate inletting maybe next year.

Offline wodpow

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 08:56:05 pm »
Let me not hit my weight  on a self bow and see how fast that bow goes to the end of the line even though I know it a easy fix it still makes me fell bad and less in love.