Author Topic: Just a beautiful morning  (Read 2499 times)

Offline PeteC

Just a beautiful morning
« on: October 31, 2009, 01:03:29 pm »
No ,I did'nt get a shot opportunity this morning,but it's startin' to look promising. About 8:30 I had a nice 6 point,(but not quite legal,they must be at least 13" inside,or have one unbranched antler),come in and open up a scrape that has been used for the last 3 years.(It's the same scrape the good 8 point I got last season had worked right before I took him).The 6 pt.worked the lick limb above it like he was serious.It was a lot of fun just watching him at 50 feet. I got down a little after 10:00,went to get my wife,who is huntin' a stand about 600-700 yards from me.She saw the same buck and said he was struttin' his stuff.It was 40 degrees and just plain pretty this mornin'. Just wanted to share. God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline ryanfromcanada

Re: Just a beautiful morning
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:14:03 pm »
32 and pissin rain here  ::)

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:29:09 pm »
Pete  sounds like it was both a beautiful day,and a sucessfull hunt to me ;)
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 05:18:29 pm »
it dont take killing somthin to make a good day in the woods thats for sure. Good to hear you enjoyed just seeing them out there.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline bryan irwin

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 08:01:37 pm »
yea any day in the woods is a great day last saterday me and my 9 year old son bowhunting on a creek by a beaver dam and he looked at me and said dad lets stay here all day it's so peacefull here yea it was a great day.
bryan irwin