Author Topic: Bamboo, Where to find in B.C.  (Read 2230 times)

Offline bushman

Bamboo, Where to find in B.C.
« on: October 29, 2009, 01:53:48 am »
Does any one know where I could find some strips of bamboo in B.C.? I tried to find some but couldn’t find any, I only found some 3 ply laminated flooring made from strips of bamboo, I could cut the ply’s apart with a band saw but the guy couldn’t tell me the type of glue used to hold it together so it might not even work, if it’s a glue is a type that hardens hard with out letting the wood bend then it wouldn’t work at all and just snap. So any one got any ideas? China town at Vancouver? Any advise as to where to try would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Bushman

Offline Parnell

Re: Bamboo, Where to find in B.C.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 03:06:30 am »
I've been to B.C. (Whistler trip), but I've no recommendations.  There's a pot of it where I'm at.  Correspond with me if stuck.
1’—>1’

radius

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 08:34:15 am »
garden centers, rona, home depot.  I live in Victoria, and bought a 4" diameter piece of bamboo at rona i think.  Not too hard to find.  Where you located?

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 10:27:57 am »
I'm on the other coast here, but I ordered from Cali and STILL got free shipping into Canada if I recall correctly when I ordered 25 slats! GOOD DEAL! Bamboo Forever does the same I think. try Bamboo Lumber in Ontario too.
Also try this one in BC....I didn't see bamboo slats there but maybe they can get you some.
http://www.westwindhardwood.com/price_hardwoods.php

http://www.calibamboo.com/

Offline PatM

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 02:37:39 pm »
www.bambooworld.com
 Does Google not work on the west coast? They're in Chilliwack.
 Incredible selection going by their Web page.
 Bamboo grows quite extensively in BC as well so you may be able to cut some. The climate there must be virtually identical to parts of China and
Japan.