Author Topic: Twin Oaks 1st Bow[Full draw added]  (Read 10757 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Twin Oaks 1st Bow
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 12:11:47 pm »
Very nice, I do have to agree with radius on the short draw. I like the swiss cheese handle with the snakeskin underneath.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline adb

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 12:40:09 pm »
Very nice bow!

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2009, 02:36:24 pm »
Hey nice bow Brother...again these guys are gettin good if there first bow looks like that!!! I am infactuated with skins I am a timber and diamond back freak...snakey is my next project!!!

By the way I thought they look for a full draw for bow of the month...I hope im not steepin outa line..looked a bit short for 28inches

CHEERS!!!

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 03:06:03 pm »
She's a beauty for sure! Niiiiiice :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline gmc

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 06:31:02 pm »
Extordinary work for a first attempt. Best I've seen so far.

Greg
Central Kentucky

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 07:01:47 pm »
I like it...A LOT 8)
 Hafta agree with the others though. A little better full draw would help.  I do like what I can see of it though. ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »
That is one heck of a first.  The detail work is outstanding.  You are learning from the best.   Good job.
Traverse City, MI

Offline carbinecasey

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 09:17:51 pm »
One word....Beautiful!!! I gotta go to the Classic and get some tips and pointers on bow making!!!

CC

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 09:24:30 pm »
Great bow! The artistic touches are really well done. Congrats.
Chasing Crow
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 05:27:14 am »
Hard to get a full draw picture sometimes,we are bow builders not photo experts,and no one said
it had to draw 28 to be a bow,Venom. I never draw 28 and I have seen a bunch and I mean a bunch of folks shoot and very few, even tho they say they do draw 28.I guess it is a mocho thing or something.  ??? Beautiful bow .  :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2009, 07:40:04 am »
The full draw picture was taken back before the bow had the finish work done to it...basically just after tillering was complete. If you notice, the skins weren't on the bow yet. I don't know if Doug was all the way back or our timing was off on when the picture was snapped. I took the rest of the pictures behind my house, and didn't have Doug available for a full draw picture at that time. Doug and I work together, so the bow was returned at work and not the best place for me to snap a full draw picture of he and the bow.

We ended up using the old one that you see, and this was my fault since I told Doug it would be fine. So you guys out there need to blame me for the short full draw picture...go ahead, make my day!  ;D ;)

We can arrange another picture of this fine bow if you can't see enough to judge the tiller... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2009, 12:20:47 pm »
I hope what I said didn't offend anybody... I love the bow!  Your first is better than anything I have produced yet.    :)  -josh
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:29:00 pm by Josh »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2009, 01:11:31 pm »
Josh, I don't think any one is offended...at least for my part I'm definitely not. Just explaining the full draw picture. At the point that picture was taken, Doug hadn't shot a bow very much since he had been a kid. That may have come into play or just the timing of snapping the picture. I can assure you though, that nothing is being attempted to be hid by a short draw pic. Just how it happened to turn out. If Doug wants to take another picture of him with the bow at full draw I'll be more then happy to take the picture. Like I said before, I'm the one responsible by telling him the one he posted would be fine. ;) Life is Good! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2009, 01:18:52 pm »
Dang right, Greg life IS good!!!   :)  -josh
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2009, 04:21:55 pm »
Very nice!
Frank from Germany...