Author Topic: hunting in the rain...?  (Read 5800 times)

Offline woodstick

Re: hunting in the rain...?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 10:28:05 am »
i dont go out in the rain but if iam allready out and it rains i will stay and stick it out, ive had some of my best hunts right after the rain stops. i use tru oil on my bows and before season i will put a couple of good coats of min wax on them. i allways dry them off when i can. feathers on arrows well ur kinda stuck there.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 12:06:21 am »
Tim, you have had the opportunity to test your bow's finish lately haven't you? :o
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 12:14:18 am »
You  can  coat  your  feathers to  prevent them  from  becoming water  soaked
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 10:16:44 am »
I'm in S Florida, so it's humidity central.  My opinion is that Ipe actually improves in the humid half of the year. :)
1’—>1’

Offline Postman

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 02:34:17 pm »
I like hunting in a light rain - 'specially after a week of trying to sneak around in dry leaves that sound like cornflakes ;D. got lots of  of poly on my osage, seems to hold up well -( have shot it wet after getting back) but no shots taken at deer yet.
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 05:37:42 pm »
Rain don't bother Me or My Bows....I've been shooting an Osage Stick for years...and it has nothing on it for a Finish besides Grease..... Had it at the Classic this Year....It seen plenty of Rain too!! I have never had any trouble with it....and it still has no String Follow or any other Ill Effects from Moisture...And Dana.....Cracker and Pappy can vouch for that ....They all seen the Ugly Duckling...... :P
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome