Author Topic: More trail cam pics  (Read 8093 times)

Offline DanaM

More trail cam pics
« on: September 15, 2009, 07:42:46 am »
checked my cam after being gone for 5 days and to say I was surprised is an understatement, I have at least 5 bucks
working the area and a couple pretty nice ones :) Of course I probably won't see any of them during season but
who knows I might get lucky eh :) As ya can see one of em is already out of velvet the rest won't be far behind.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

Re: More trail cam pics
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 07:43:38 am »
more

"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:38 am »
Looks like you found the spot!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:32:24 am »
I bought a camera yesterday and put it out over a salt lick. I'll check it out this afternoon when I get home from work.
  Nice little bucks Dana. Good eating there and a few knife handles.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:11:27 am »
Pat the batteries lasted for about 100 pics before they went dead guess that ain't to bad.
These are real nice bucks for the area I'm hunting, completely wild no farms anywhere close
so they don't get good eats.

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:18:36 am »
Nice looking bucks,Good luck on them. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline John K

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 10:45:02 am »
Sweet !
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 01:41:59 pm »
I'd fling an arrow their direction for sure! Good luck! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cracker

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 01:54:39 pm »
Wow Dana looks like we can expect lots of antler in trade.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 05:01:47 pm »
I set my cam out yesterday and got 50 pics. Mostly the same deer over and over. There was one pic taken shortly after I put the camera up then a series of night pics them more day time pics. There was one of a coyote in the bunch.  I guess I need to change the settings to one pic every 2 minutes. ::)

« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:34:37 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JustAim

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 06:41:38 pm »
 You might get lucky this season! l see a few shooters in them pics. l know l'm gonna fill the freezers one way or another.....if l cant get em' with the bow, l'll surely get em' with the t/c endeavor! ;D Good luck!

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 11:05:22 pm »
dana, knowing the bucks are there will make it easier to sit on the stand that extra hour or two.  at least that's the way i look at it.  one thing i found that will stop the deer from looking at your camera when it's taking a pic is to put a piece of electrical tape over the red and green leds, at least during the day.  the flash doesn't seem to bother them that much but they are mesmerized by the red light when it comes on.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 11:16:06 pm »
I thought deer couldn't see red and green light. That's why they are making red and green flashlights or lenses to go on your flashlight for hunting. ???
  Chris, what are your settings on your cam. I think if you are monitoring a trail then every 30 secs but for a destination, like this salt lick the 2 minute setting would be better.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 06:30:23 am »
Thanks for the tip Chris and Pat I have mine set for 2 minute delay saves on batteries

Manistique, MI

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 07:57:43 am »
i'd like to get me one of those cams.
Cool pics guys.
Mililani Hawaii