Author Topic: Fifty dollar trail cam from wally world  (Read 4921 times)

Offline DanaM

Fifty dollar trail cam from wally world
« on: September 06, 2009, 08:59:13 pm »
I bought one and it works ok, my only complaint is the biggest delay setting between pictures is 2 minutes
so I think its going to be hard on batteries. Here's a few pics of some flatheads it took last night.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: Fifty dollar trail cam from wally world
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:22:23 pm »
TENDER LOOKING !!! ;)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:23:48 pm »
Thats what I'm thinkin David, if the wolves don't snack on em first they may end up in my frezeer ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:11:32 pm »
Dana....make sure that you put the Camera on the lowest possible Quality too....this will let it take more Pictures....otherwise they only take like 12-20 pictures and they are full....unless you have an SD Card in it....and either buy an external Lead Acid Battery....or a set of Ni Cads for it...I went all out on the 4 I have and have External Batteries and Solar Panels on them all....with 4meg cards....so they are good to go all Season long if I can't get back to them...also bury that Lick so it barely shows above ground...they will eat on it better if it isn't above ground....looks more Natural to them
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 10:29:09 pm »
dana, those wildgame cameras are the only ones i'm using now.  if you use a sd card, don't go higher than 1gb.  the larger cards lock them up.  found that out the hard way.  i rewired all mine so i could hook up a leadacid 6v battery so they will last longer.  takes about 15 mins and $4 worth of hookups.  i've been very satisfied with the performance of these cameras.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 11:46:46 pm »
Yep...Chris is right....some of the Cameras have a Limit on the Size of the SD Card....Mine are Wildviews....Not Wildgame.......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 11:47:13 pm »
I'm glad to know they work well. I'll have to get one soon. I noticed a full display of them the other day.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sailordad

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 01:07:38 am »
do they come with a security cable or other type of deterent for those pesky woodland thieves?
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 07:51:15 am »
It has only one setting and yes I bought a card a 2MB for $10 its the smallest that wally world had, Chris care to explain how
ya wired it ??? Tim it doesent have a security cable, a cable won't stop a thief anyway :o

Bury the lick eh, never thought of that will bring a shovel next time I go up.

Been tossing out all my windfall apples and have a small rye patch growing, not many deer in the area and no farms so am
trying to up my odds a bit, and I will be happy to shoot one of them tender little tasty flat heads :)

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 09:05:31 am »
Do You have a Radio Shack in Manistique  or Escanaba? If so go there and buy a 12v Power cable....it will com with an Inline Fuse Holder (or just buy a few feet of the red/black two piece wire)....and either some small twist connectors....or like I did....some Shrink Wrap Tubes.....go Home and Operate on Your Camera....Open the Case....locate the Red and Black Wires leaving the Battery Compartment....cut one at a time and splice it with the wire that you bought....either use the twist connectors to reconnect the three pieces of each Wire...or Solder them together....rembering to put the Shrink Tubes on before Soldering... ::)  Then drill a hole in the Bottom of the case big enough to slip the Wire to the Battery through...slip it through....Silicone the Hole closed....and you arre ready to rock when you Hook up the Battery...see how easy....... :P ;D >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 11:05:12 am »
that's similar to what i did, except i soldered the red and black to the ends of the battery terminals.  i also connected a 1/8" monojack to the soldered wires and screwed it in the bottom of the case.  now i can disconnect the battery wire for transport and storage.  with me, wires tend to catch on everything while walking through the woods.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 11:07:11 am »
Nice looking doe's,fine eating you can bet on that. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 01:31:22 am »
that's similar to what i did, except i soldered the red and black to the ends of the battery terminals.  i also connected a 1/8" monojack to the soldered wires and screwed it in the bottom of the case.  now i can disconnect the battery wire for transport and storage.  with me, wires tend to catch on everything while walking through the woods.

Thats exactly what I did too Chris....amkes it a lot easier to haul out and set up too....but Dana won't mess with it....He's a Yooper...and the only thing they waste Money on is Smokes and Beer!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 01:41:07 pm »
Not ifin I can get free beer ;) :D Gonna stop on the way back to the campground and check the camera.
Had to come into town as the mother-in-law was hospitalized last night

Manistique, MI