Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 88753 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2009, 01:36:56 pm »
Thanks Pappy, I may send ya this stave to see what ya think and if its worthy you can straighen it out and floor tiller it :)

Alan I sent you a point today so you should have it by monday, if anyone else has a stone point to spare send it WoodlandRoamer(Alan) :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2009, 01:47:05 pm »
Sounds good Dana. The arrows are coming along, I should have them finished in time to give them to Pat at the NC knapin in a couple weeks. I may have enough stone points on the way with yours, Shannon, Wade and I can use one of mine if I need another.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline ken75

• crepe myrtle is my "yella wood"
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2009, 03:26:10 pm »
its amazing to see ya'll come together on this project , what an unusual group of people , I LIKE IT !!! :)

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2009, 04:17:19 pm »
Looks like it going along good.. ;)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2009, 07:53:38 pm »
its amazing to see ya'll come together on this project , what an unusual group of people , I LIKE IT !!! :)

Yup were definately oddballs :) but in a good way eh ;) I was always taught to take care of your own and Tom and Patrick are family
and in a way Tom will live on through the memories this bow set will create.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2009, 09:52:48 pm »
Thanks Pappy, I may send ya this stave to see what ya think and if its worthy you can straighen it out and floor tiller it :)

Alan I sent you a point today so you should have it by monday, if anyone else has a stone point to spare send it WoodlandRoamer(Alan) :)

I could send a point, but you better have a pretty fat diameter shaft ;D.
Traverse City, MI

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 01:54:24 pm »
The memorial bow is such a nice thought Dana, I couldn't think of who Tom was until  saw the pictures you posted, and then I remembered talking to him also, very soft spoken. I believe he and I talked while I was making my sinew bow string with Rick. After reading the posts I really don't know what I could possibly contribute with the talent you have working on the bow so far. I'll be eager to see it's completion.
VB

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 02:41:45 pm »
Well I'm gone fishing for til Monday!  :) The arrows are coming along and I should have them by next weekend or so.

Alan

Offline n2everythg

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 02:47:19 pm »
allen
sent you out that point today in the mail. U should have it soon.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline DanaM

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2009, 09:17:14 am »
Well here she is, still undecided as to whether there is bow in this piece of wood, mulberry is soft just doesn't seem
very good. There is a crack in the handle but that shouldn't be a big deal. I'm sending it to Pappy on tuesday and we will see what he thinks.

Its obvious I'm not going to win a Best Dressed award in the near future :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:43:59 am by DanaM »

Manistique, MI

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2009, 02:14:07 pm »
Wade, I got your point. It looks great!

Looking good Dana, I hope that stave will work out.

Alan

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2009, 09:57:01 pm »
I got a couple of points made up this evening. I'll try to get them in the mail this week. ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »
well i aint never met him just like i aint never met any of ya'll yet
however i do feel that i know great number of ya folks,so if ya'll say he was a good guy then i believe ya
so ifn there is in any way i can help out just say the word and i would be happy to help

peace,
                                                                             tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline DanaM

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2009, 06:21:03 am »
Going to the post office this morning to ship it to Pappy, then I'm off camping till sunday :) Supposed to rain
most of the week but it'll still be better than work eh :)

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:51 am »
Well have a nice time at the Campgrounds Dana....and don't catch all the Fish out of that small Lake!! Even if it Rains all Week long...at least You will be out away from the Rat Race....and with the Wife alone in Da Woods.... ;D

Pat should be getting a Package today in the Mail from Me....I hope everything fared well in Transport
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome