Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 87956 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #390 on: December 20, 2009, 02:07:46 pm »
It's not gonna happen today!  We will reschedule after Christmas. I'll keep everyone posted
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2009, 08:23:02 am »
Man yall got some snow,we just got a dusting.Wise decision Pat. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2009, 11:03:50 am »
Looking at Hillbilly's pics you all really got hit. We've had a couple like that the past few years in Missouri, its kinda a eerie hearing the trees snap and the tranformers blow. Stay safe.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #393 on: December 28, 2009, 11:31:07 pm »

Hillbilly, Glad all is well with you and yours.  Man talk having a ton of bow stave's being delivered to your door...... :o ;D
Yeah, those ice storms, and heavy wet snow, can be awesome.  I was hunting in Montana in 1996, and while sitting under a tree, watching for Deer, or Elk, you could hear limbs snap, and trees splitting.  Sounded like gun shots.  I always had a roll out spot, in case the tree I was sitting under, decided lose a limb, or split. ;)  So have you told your Sister to keep her mouth shut, next year? ::)

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #394 on: January 07, 2010, 07:27:13 am »
So whats the status on this Pat ???
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #395 on: January 07, 2010, 11:51:04 am »
Dana, A few weekends ago we were going to meet at a friends house for a cookout and to present the set to Patrick but we got lots of snow that prevented travel so we postponed it temporarily. A few day after Christmas my back went out(old malady) and I have been laid up since then. I haven't left the house since just after Christmas because of my back so we haven't made new arrangements to present the set to Patrick. I will let everyone when we reschedule.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #396 on: January 07, 2010, 12:53:14 pm »
Thanks for the update Pat :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #397 on: January 07, 2010, 05:49:22 pm »
Pat, hate to hear about you being down in the back.  I guess you probably know all about it but they tell me that ice is much better for it than a heating pad. My back has been just a little out but I can't make my self lay on ice during the winter. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.       Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #398 on: January 07, 2010, 06:14:29 pm »
Thanks Kenneth.  Ice is the trick but it is difficult when it is in the 20s outside. :o  Once over the initial shock of the cold it really feel good and is the best treatment for strains.  I fill a styrofoam cup with water and put it in the freezer to freeze. Remove enough of the top of the cup so some ice is exposed. Rub the ice in the strained area. The cold will numb the pain plus attract more blood to the area which promotes healing.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #399 on: January 08, 2010, 09:58:21 pm »
Pat
Sorry to hear about the back.  NO shoveling snow. ;)  Hope ya get better soon.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #400 on: January 09, 2010, 01:09:40 am »
Thanks Rick...and I don't shovel snow anyway. If it is too deep, I stay home and enjoy the winter wonderland.  ;D  The back is getting better each day but this has been since the Sunday after Christmas. Talk about cabin fever!  :o

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #401 on: January 17, 2010, 01:04:49 am »
Pat....How is the Back doing?? And is there been any News on when the Bow will be presented to Toms Family...just checking in....No rush...... ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: January 17, 2010, 01:21:56 am »
Mike the back is doing better. I actually showed property yesterday(first time away from home and driving) and felt good...until last night.  :o Couldn't get comfortable and today I'm stiff as heck. I need to slowly work myself back up.  ::)
  I talked to Alan the other day and it is up to me when I can get there. Maybe next weekend if that is OK with Alan and Patrick. I'm as eager as everyone to get these great gifts to Patrick and to get off my ass!!! ;D

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #403 on: January 17, 2010, 01:30:13 am »
Yeah...but don't push yourself either! Pat...I bought my Wife one of them Shiatsu Massagers that sit in your Favorite Chair...the ones that have the Infrared heated Balls that roll around and Massage you whole back and Lower Spine....man She loves it...and I have had to use it twice...and it really works well on my bad lower back...justa thought Old Man......... >:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #404 on: January 17, 2010, 02:06:13 am »
Believe me! I ain't pushing it. This has been as bad as the first time 20 years ago. Generally when it would go I'd lay up for a few days, eat my weight in ibuprofen and I'm good to go...not this time!
  I'll check into the Shiatsu Massager. My first therapist had an inferred machine and one that exercised your muscles with mild shock. I could get addicted to those machine. ;D