Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 87965 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #375 on: December 19, 2009, 07:44:11 am »
Get on that sled and ride Pat, what don't kill ya only makes ya tougher eh ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #376 on: December 19, 2009, 08:08:49 am »
why aint you Hunting Dana?? I woke up late or I would be right now too....but now I guess i will go and finish my Christmas Shopping...... :(
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #377 on: December 19, 2009, 10:46:45 am »
why aint you Hunting Dana?? I woke up late or I would be right now too....but now I guess i will go and finish my Christmas Shopping...... :(

I'm working Mike or should I say I'm at work :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #378 on: December 19, 2009, 06:27:26 pm »
I finally have electricity again-damn, we've spent a horrible last day or two. About two feet of sticky, wet snow, trees and limbs popping and coming down all day and all night, electrical transformers miles away going off all night lighting the sky up like blue lightning. Not a good way to spend a night, huddled up without electricity in a house designed to have electricity with big trees falling all around and not knowing if the next one is coming through the roof onto you. In 42 years, this was the only snowstorm I've ever been through that actually scared me and made me wonder if I was going to have a house when it was over. I've seen a lot bigger snows many times, but never one so destructive. My sister had come in from Florida for Christmas, said she wanted to see some snow, well she got some. :) We all gathered up down at my Mom's place last night to make sure she was all right, and just wound up staying down there and sat up about all night listening to the crashes. There was a 100' white oak came down and just brushed the back deck, took out the picnic table and the barbecue grill. That'll make you blink!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #379 on: December 19, 2009, 06:46:12 pm »
Wow..! Glad you are all safe.. ;)

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #380 on: December 19, 2009, 07:05:49 pm »
Think of the history in that oak.....hope you plan on a few bows  ;D  Stay safe!
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #381 on: December 19, 2009, 07:31:51 pm »
Man I am glad you Guys made it through all of that....We got a Snow just like that Last Year here....so much Damage due to wet Snow and Ice Build Up on Trees....thats the worst combination You could have gotten....Have a Merry Christmas Steve...and give Tina a Hug for Me....and tell Her I am glad you two are safe....Michael
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #382 on: December 19, 2009, 07:36:26 pm »
Now thats a supply of knife handles for sure.  Glad you are all ok Steve.  I wish you all the best of Holidays.  It is still snowing here and we have about 14 now with 3 or more to come yet......going to be a long long night.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #383 on: December 19, 2009, 11:24:24 pm »
Pat
Those are some really purty pics.

Steve  :o :o,  That was close.  Glad to hear it didn't get your house. 
It is crazy I'm visiting the inlaws in lower MI and we have virtually no snow, and the south is getting pounded.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #384 on: December 19, 2009, 11:41:06 pm »
Rick, Long Island is going to have blizzard conditions tomorrow I believe. Stay in MI where it's warm.
  Our snow started melting today and froze again tonight. I don't think the presentation will happen tomorrow. I'll keep ya'll posted.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #385 on: December 20, 2009, 07:50:23 am »
Damn Steve sorry to here that ya lost the grill :D Glad your all safe though.

Rick if your down below you should come visit, I'm off all week and plan on ice fishing everyday :) Got the box of rocks the other day also :)

Manistique, MI

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #386 on: December 20, 2009, 08:28:35 am »
Dana
I wish I could, but it's a short visit filled with family Christmas parties.  I haven't been ice fishing since my time in the Soo.  Or should I call it what it was.  Sitting in a shanty and drinking with the occasional bite. ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #387 on: December 20, 2009, 10:26:43 am »
Or should I call it what it was.  Sitting in a shanty and drinking with the occasional bite. ;D

Rick....what other Definition for Ice Fishing is there???  You look up Ice Fishing in Merriam Webster Dictionary....and You find two Yoopers Sitting in a Box with a Heater....and cases of PBR right outside the Door...a pile of empties three feet tall...and two little Perch laying on the Ice...and if you look really close one of em looks just like Dana... >:D
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #388 on: December 20, 2009, 10:41:25 am »
Three more inches last night and still putting it down-joy.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #389 on: December 20, 2009, 12:13:21 pm »
We have sunny clear skies here but my driveway is a solid 6" of frozen hard snow. I'm gonna try to get out in a few minutes to see if it is possible. My main concern is getting to the pavement. My driveway is pretty steep; an excellent sled run but I don't want to try it in the Isuzu Trooper.  ;)
  Being that I missed the only two work days last week because of my back, my wife suggested(quite strongly I may add!  ::) ) that I not attempt the sled run. I had to agree with reason.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC