Author Topic: TomB Memorial Bow  (Read 88779 times)

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
Re: TomB Memorial Bow
« Reply #195 on: October 04, 2009, 08:30:23 pm »
Dana I bet it smells real nice around your place. Let me see what I have for hide pieces left and I will get back with ya.

Nah it actually smelled good, made me hungry ;D I'll wait to hear from ya ya eh :)

Dana
I'll have to take "smells good" with a grain of salt,  I know where you work. ;D
Traverse City, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2009, 02:18:19 am »
Dana I bet it smells real nice around your place. Let me see what I have for hide pieces left and I will get back with ya.

Nah it actually smelled good, made me hungry ;D I'll wait to hear from ya ya eh :)

Dana's right....Bear fat smells good when it is simmering down....sorta like sweet Bacon to Me....Dana I sent you an email too...about rendering Bear Fat
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2009, 05:06:52 am »
Sorry guys,it's back to the drawing board.We shot the bow Sat.After 20 /30 shots it blew,it broke
straight across the back.Not sure but anyway we have a plan.Big A has an osage stave we wil have ready in a few days.Sorry we can't use the wood Tom gave Dana but he will get a good bow anyway.  :( :'(
   Pappy

[attachment deleted by admin]
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2009, 06:55:06 am »
Told ya I had my doubts about that stave, oh well sh*# happens eh. My thanks to Big A for kicking in a stave :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2009, 07:54:53 am »
That sure is a Bummer! A lot of good work into that One...... :'(....Thanks Big A.....We all appreciate all of the fine work that has gone into this Memorial so far and still to come
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #200 on: October 05, 2009, 09:41:54 pm »
 Dana must have piled all that other wood he carted home on top of that good stave and damaged it. ::) It sounds like Greg is on a roll this year, thought his arms looked longer than mine. I saw him reach around a little kid and get the last piece of pie without him even knowing it. ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #201 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:30 pm »
Well if anything goes wrong with Big A's stave, I have a super nice piece of sage already roughed out and ready to go. If ya think we might need it, I can bring it down Thursday. ;)
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2009, 06:19:29 am »
That's too bad.  It was turning out to be a really fine looking bow.
Traverse City, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2009, 07:37:25 am »
It sounds like Greg is on a roll this year, thought his arms looked longer than mine. I saw him reach around a little kid and get the last piece of pie without him even knowing it.

I'm beginning to wonder, I broke one for Robustus during the last Tn. Classic. He had warmed it up some with several half draws, handed it to me and I half drew it several times then went to full draw and it snapped. I only pull around 27", just bad timing I guess.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2009, 04:24:32 pm »
Man, when you break one, you break it good, don't you? :) Oh well, better breaking on us than on the final recipiant. I've got wood, too if you need more.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2009, 07:45:10 am »
BigA and his pretty wife Beverly brought the bow over to my house Monday evening. It's a good looking bow and already shooting yet not finished. It's osage and 62" tip to tip. Two billets spliced in the handle. I think it has one layer of sinew on it.

I know 62" will handle a 28" draw, especially with osage. Does anyone think we would be safer with a little longer bow for that draw length? I've got two roughed in HHB bows that I think are around 64" to 66", can't remember for sure. I know Pappy probably has several started as well as others. BigA is fine with us using his if everyone thinks that design is okay for the person.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2009, 10:17:31 am »
Sounds good to me Greg, I say go with it :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

VenomBOWslinger

« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2009, 09:57:44 am »
Hey if any of u guys need a stave let me know...I have various species of upstate New York...sorry about that bow OUCH looked like it coulda hurt!  Well I can say I had my share of broken bows but what can u do.  Anyway if I can assist U in anyway dont hesitate!!!
CHEERS!!! 8)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2009, 06:48:43 am »
Got the Osage bows tips on this weekend and flipped the tips.I tillered it out to 27 yesterday,looking good,I need to take it another inch and take off a few pounds.It is 55@27
now so I need to take off 5 or 6 lbs.Should have it ready by the end of week.Sorry for the hold
up but as yall all know stuff happens.I think he will like this one. :) I will let yall know when I am ready to ship. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2009, 07:31:12 am »
Pappy....there ain't nobody rushing you ....thats for Sure....Out of everyone that is Participating in this Memorial....I believe that it is You that is giving More than any One of the rest of Us....and I thank You. Also....it sounds like it is going to be one really nice Bow.
2024...We Will Overcome