Author Topic: character Osage bow,thanks yazoo! [added tip overlay pics]  (Read 8802 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: character Osage bow,thanks yazoo! [added tip overlay pics]
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2009, 01:26:58 am »
great bow. love the paint job on the back. and great job on the overlays.
lets just shoot it

Offline zeNBowyer

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2009, 04:44:06 am »
Character  bows,  I'm  not  sure I  understand the  concept; do  these  bows  shoot just  like  any  other  well  tillered  bow? They  appear to  take  just  as  much  work to  produce  (maybe  more?) than  a  conventional  bow, so  is  it you have  a  great  piece  of  wood that  comes  out  like  this, or is  it  just  for  show?
  Looks  like  you  did  a  great  job:)
"There's  something  immoral  about  abandoning  your  own  judgement"
Cowards always run in  packs
Ishi did not become the arrow, I suspect. The arrow became Ishi.

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2009, 10:49:24 am »
Character  bows,  I'm  not  sure I  understand the  concept; do  these  bows  shoot just  like  any  other  well  tillered  bow? They  appear to  take  just  as  much  work to  produce  (maybe  more?) than  a  conventional  bow, so  is  it you have  a  great  piece  of  wood that  comes  out  like  this, or is  it  just  for  show?
  Looks  like  you  did  a  great  job:)

character bows (aka snakey bows) are made from a stave from a crooked tree. the stave follows the grain of the tree and therefore is also cooked, and the bow will be to. i am shooting a snake bow given to me by woodstick, and it shoots great. no difference between a well made character bow and a regular strait bow. they are, from what i hear, one heck of alot harder to make. and i particularly like them cuz you will never find two identical character (snake) bows.  ;D
lets just shoot it