Author Topic: well i learned how NOT to cut self nocks in my cane  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: well i learned how NOT to cut self nocks in my cane
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 11:05:08 am »
Recurve, the ceramic saw blade that Pete is reffering to is a simple piece of wire with abrasive material added to it. You can buy one at any hardware store for just a few bucks. I made a wood handle for mine but they are set up to use in a hack saw frame.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:11:09 pm »
oh! well thats simple enough. but i got to playing with my burned in nocks today and they work great, so im gunna go with that for now.
lets just shoot it

Offline part Cherokee

• aNiKaWi
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »
Osiyo,
 You dont have to use a saw at all to put self nocks in cane . Get a sharp knife,hold it at a 45 degree angle at about 3/4 of an inch from  the end where you want a nock,now cut using strokes going away from your body. Now rotate it 180 degrees and do the same thing. Then i use a thin folded piece of 80 grit sand paper to sand out the center. Thats all there is to it. I cut my slots for the arrowhead the same way. If you have question pm me.
wado
Matt
OsiYo Tsalagi