Author Topic: not quite lithic  (Read 1637 times)

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
not quite lithic
« on: August 16, 2009, 08:23:32 pm »
My stepdads brother casts bones out of, well i dont know what he casts with, but they are for prostetics, medical training, etc. i have met him a few times, really great guy. anyway he purchased a large box of premium points and blades from a collector and he made up some castings of them from plastic. i dont know what he used for the plastic, but its resemblance to obsidian is awesome. light even passes through it the same way on the edges. i took a picture of the two casts he sent to my step dad and looking at them and handling them is the closest i have been to holding an actual artifact. awesome detail and just a really cool experience. anyway here are the two castings, i took the pics with my moms camera, im not used to it so forgive the angles.

Dustin D
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline Jaeger

Re: not quite lithic
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 09:37:55 pm »
they woulda fooled me .