Author Topic: Hog hunting [Real soon]  (Read 6502 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Hog hunting [Real soon]
« on: August 03, 2009, 10:40:12 am »
Well we been planing this for a while now,Mullet,Chris Myself and a couple of Chris's friends are headed out Thursday night for a hog hunt in South Georgia.I have only hunted hogs once before and it was from a stand over a feeder,not much hunting to it.We are hunting them mainly on the ground
so I hope to keep from getting killed. ;) ;D I know it will be fun with this bunch.Hope to have some good pictures when we get back.Got lots of arrows ready and taking 3 selfbows and a recurve.
I would love to hear some stories of some of yalls hunts. Chris had one in this months PA magazine
that is from the place we are going.Sounds like fun. :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
Re: Hog hunting [Real soon]
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:19:35 am »
Ya'll have fun and be safe...Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline billy

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 01:36:08 pm »
HEy Pappy,

Where in South GA are you guys hunting??  Is it private land or a WMA?  Just curious cause I LOVE to hunt pigs although I've never gotten a shot at one.  I've hunted them several times, but the damn things were always in the thickest cover...you could be 15 feet away and never even see them.  This past spring I was sneaking thru some really thick brush and unbeknown to me there was a whole group only 20 feet away.  One of them gave a warning grunt and the whole group immediately went crashing thru the brush to escape.  They were so close, yet I never saw them.  It was fun, just wish I could have seen what one of my stone tipped cane arrows would have done to one of those things. 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline The Singing Bowyer

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 04:29:33 pm »
You boys have fun and don't worry about the hogs down there....it's the snakes that will get ya!  :D
Chad K. Slagle
"The Singing Bowyer"
www.TheSingingBowyer.com

Offline Wiggy

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 07:05:33 pm »
I've hunted hogs all over south Georgia. I don't think ya'll will be coming back empty handed!

Beware though, South Georgia hogs are the meanest and biggest you're going to find in the South. Especially around Macon, Ga. The "rust" colored ones seem to be the meanest of the bunch for some reason.
Gleason, TN

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 07:40:08 pm »
  We will be hunting the Alexacarrie Plantation on the Omulgee river in Abbieville, Ga. The same place in this months article, written by Chris Cade. Personnally, I haven't seen any pigs in Georgia any bigger than the ones in Florida. We saw one in a group of cows a couple of years ago that we thought was one of the Black Angus cows, that's the biggest one i've come across.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 08:19:53 pm »
this weekend's hunt should be a blast pappy!  no  snakes to worry about with all the hogs running around down there.  hunted there four times and haven't seen one yet.  we did see a huge black boar last august.  he looked like a 55 gal. drum with legs.  he never seemed worried about us, but he knew those "white men" were up to something and he eased into the brush.  tim did get a pic of one that looked like a worthog last year.  would love to get a chance to stalk that one.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 10:47:04 pm »
 Hey Chris, did you forget about that big, fat Water Moccasin Tim gave me the last time we were there?
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 12:53:15 am »
You guys have fun. I know ya'll will.  We'll be waiting for pics and lies! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 05:37:04 am »
I don't know about the hogs but I can guarantee some lies Pat.  ;) :) All packed except the cooler and bows.  :)

Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline John K

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 12:48:29 pm »
Have fun, be safe and take LOTS of pictures  ;D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline billy

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 10:05:01 pm »
I'll be expecting a killer article in PA about the hunting trip.  You BETTER write an article about this one, or someone's gonna be in a heap of trouble!   ;)
Marietta, Georgia

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »
 Billy, I guess I need to this time. I keep catching hell from Chris for not writing one on any of our hunting trips.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline woodstick

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 11:48:57 pm »
yea lets talk bout porkchops. we want lots of pics to but no backwoods you know pics. keep them under cover. ha ha  yall have a goodun.
a drawn bow is a stick 9/10 broken

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 11:26:28 am »
Yes, I want to see pictures and a detailed description of what went on.
Man, you're in for a treat, I'm excited just thinking about it! :D
And I'm not even going with y'all, lol.
      Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.