Author Topic: Southern Community Bow  (Read 201926 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: Southern Community Bow
« Reply #420 on: March 24, 2007, 06:06:54 pm »
Man you guys are good.  So where do I go to purchase this bow?  Should I just send the check now? Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

bullcreekboy

« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2007, 01:50:10 am »
Lookin good Marius.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2007, 11:51:28 pm »
Shannon, I have a red and black string twisted up but haven't served it(cause I don't know where) or added string silencers(cause I don't have any). Should I send it along as it is?    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #423 on: March 28, 2007, 07:12:53 am »
well, i tested the quiver last night. 

the bad news is, it's a total failure.  the stiffener is in the wrong place (on the bottom instead of the side) and i can't fix it.

the good news is, i have enough leather to start over (but it won't be stitchless). i was thinking about a fred asbell style approach.  i took next week off, so i should be able to finish it next week.

sorry guys, that's what happens when i try to get too creative.  it's actually pat's fault.  he got me going on that german engineering thing.  i was trying to come up with some neat ideas and disregarded the most basic aspect: gravity.

Offline Dane

« Reply #424 on: March 28, 2007, 05:01:16 pm »
Sorry to hear about your quiver mishap. I know what you mean - experimentation means risk, and it doesn't always work out the way you want. But, I find mistakes are the best kinds of learning tools, even if painful.

Guys, the bow sock is coming along. The threads are measured out. Only have to get the loom warped and get it finished.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #425 on: March 28, 2007, 10:33:47 pm »

Dane,
Looking forward to seeing it when you finish, I'm sure it will look really nice!
Thanks again! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #426 on: March 29, 2007, 12:43:40 am »
Hey Marius, I'll take the blame if you don't get discouraged.  ;) Looking forward to seeing the new quiver. Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

bullcreekboy

« Reply #427 on: March 29, 2007, 01:27:08 am »
Hey guys I just wanted to give you an update on the bow. I haven't been able to work on it since I put the handle wrap on it last week. Between work and family life I haven't had any time. I should be able to get back on it this week. Pat I will get you a measurement on the string tomorrow. Sorry I am holding up the progress guys.  :(

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #428 on: March 29, 2007, 01:45:09 am »
..or I can send it to you and you put it on the bow and serve it. Either way. The string is plenty long enough, the excess can be cut off later.   
   What about string silencers?   Pat

bullcreekboy

« Reply #429 on: March 29, 2007, 02:00:47 am »
That will work Pat. I have black wool yarn that I use for bow silencers if you guys want that.

Dustybaer

« Reply #430 on: March 29, 2007, 07:21:28 am »
Hey Marius, I'll take the blame if you don't get discouraged.  ;) Looking forward to seeing the new quiver. Pat

me discouraged?  my horoscope is taurus.  i'm as stubborn as they come  ;D

bullcreekboy, i'm grateful for the slow down.  ;D

this might turn into a race, between the bow, the arrows, the bowsock and the quiver  ;D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #431 on: March 29, 2007, 07:43:36 am »
You southern boys talk to much 28 pages compared to the northern 18 pages ;D
Now get back to work eh. LOL

DanaM
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #432 on: March 29, 2007, 08:33:35 am »
Yeah DanaM, and when you consider how slow us southern boys talk, it's a wonder we gotten any work done! ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Dane

« Reply #433 on: March 29, 2007, 06:59:05 pm »
A race? An arms race of sort, then, :)

Greg, the problem is you all sit around eating too many moon pies, drinking too much coo-cola, RC or otherwise, and then having seconds of sweet potatoe pie. The yanks have learned the value of trudging to work each day and tending their factory jobs, even if a few get sucked into the machinery and perish in horrid ways.

No puritans settled down that way, right? :)
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #434 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:34 pm »
    Dane.........PLeeease, there is NO value to trudging to work to tend you factory job each day. Just sometin' you yankees have bought into ;D......bob