Author Topic: Southern Community Bow  (Read 202042 times)

Dustybaer

Re: Southern Community Bow
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2007, 04:56:32 pm »
pat, your arrows look great (so far  ;D )   but i've got one that looks better  ;D

bullcreekboy

« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2007, 06:28:19 pm »
Lookin good guys. Those arrow heads look even more deadly now that they are hafted.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2007, 06:55:58 pm »
Shannon, Cowboy makes a very fine knapped head. I would hunt with one any day!    Marius, You are one of the lucky ones!  ;)   
Steve. Marius started mouthing off so I shot that at him(just missed, too)...so you had better watch your step!     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2007, 07:15:24 pm »
Wow guys, this thing's really starting to come together!!
  Pappy and Greg B -  that bow is looking great. Marius - I don't know anything about quivers, but that's some fine leather work and looks liks a hell of a foundation for a good one. Pat - those shafts and hafting look like they've walked right out of our primitive past!
  I don't know where this set may sell but if it's a raffle - I'll be buying a few tickets myself. If it's going to be auctioned at some higher profile function that'll be for the better good - lot's of exposure for PA.

Wonder if there'd be any way to raffle off a set here within the community one day though? A ten dollar raffle ticket wouldn't hurt anybody but depending on participant's - may generate a considerable amount of moola. Only problem would be - what to do with the proceeds? 
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

jamie

« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2007, 07:16:22 pm »
wow you guys are moving along. just got back on planet earth myself. just wanted to let ya know if pappy touched that bow its gonna be a shooter . have one of his in the truck and spent a half hour the other morning shooting over the target till i get get ajusted to the speed.

Offline Dano

« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2007, 07:23:53 pm »
St. Judes Childrens Hospital can always use the cash or the Cancer Society, I saw the set go cheap at Mojam last year, it was heartbreaking. The winner was very happy tho.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2007, 09:55:47 pm »
  Hey it's looking good guy's.The NWTF convention in Nashville is full of people with deep pockets ready to buy something.Might be a good place for exposure and good aution.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2007, 05:52:34 am »
Looking good ,guys,who says us Southern boys can work together.Any where yall want to sell it is fine with  me,just hope it is somewhere people know and will appreshate it.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2007, 11:37:34 am »
Ok fellas here they are. I tried and tried to come up with some unprecedented exoctic combination that would wow the massess, but when it came right down to it, this bow just seem to beg for some good old fashioned "Show Me" whitetail antler.
I think it really accents the wood grain, color and everything else. Hope it's to everyones liking.

I need to know who it goes to next and after a take a few shots with it I will get'r shipped out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #249 on: February 19, 2007, 11:38:57 am »
Sorry about the bad pics, my camera is pretty old and cheap.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #250 on: February 19, 2007, 11:41:15 am »
Those overlays look great. Good job. I think Bullcreekboy was gonna put some sturgeon skins on next?
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: February 19, 2007, 11:42:17 am »
Looks good to me.I think they match the wood great.I don't know who gets it next but
maybe they will chime in.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #252 on: February 19, 2007, 11:58:06 am »
Wow, apparantly you have to be careful where you point the bow, cause your gonna hit it. That's a sweetheart pappy.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #253 on: February 19, 2007, 12:04:42 pm »
It dose shoot good,I don't know how that happened :)Some one is going to get a nice bow that is for sure.I can't wait to see it finished.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

bullcreekboy

« Reply #254 on: February 19, 2007, 12:04:46 pm »
Skeaterbait,
I believe it is coming to me next for the sturgeon skins. The tip overlays look great.
Shannon King
205 West Clinton
Rogersville, MO 65742