Author Topic: I spoke too soon!!!  (Read 8692 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: I spoke too soon!!!
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 01:45:20 pm »
 ;D   That makes me feel better, Patrick! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Okie

• Bear Creek Selfbows
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 01:54:44 pm »
Dang Pat, Glad you're OK. Sorry 'bout the bow.

I think, in a way, this is an encouragement for the beginners... If it happens to someone like Pat, it can happen to anybody.
Take a kid huntin' (If not who'll drag your deer out when you get old)
<---------<<<Founding Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society>>>-----------> Vice President OSS

Offline John K

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 01:55:45 pm »
Sorry for the loss there Pat ! I keep the ones i break up on the TV in the shop.....just a little reminder that this can happen  ;)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »
please accept my heartfelt condolences >:(
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 12:58:09 pm »
I am shocked it blew up like that with rawhide.  Was it thick or thin rawhide?  I guess I was under the impression rawhide would keep one from exploding but not from failing.
Westminster, MD

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 08:26:43 pm »
Imagine if it didn't have the rawhide backing! :o  Rawhide won't keep it from breaking but it will lessen the possibility and also the explosion. ;D
  This was deer rawhide. Thin but strong.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bigcountry

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 12:31:29 pm »
Imagine if it didn't have the rawhide backing! :o  Rawhide won't keep it from breaking but it will lessen the possibility and also the explosion. ;D
  This was deer rawhide. Thin but strong.

Well, sorry to hear it, but can't wait to see its replacement in the next few months.
Westminster, MD

Dustybaer

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 01:19:47 pm »
pat, i'm really sorry about that bow.  i did like it a lot.

i just finished a hickory bow, i'd be happy to send you. it's 59" ntn and came in at 48#@25" so at your draw length it might reach hunting weight.

just let me know.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 12:29:12 am »
Marius, I appreciate the offer but as you can imagine, I have other bows to hunt with. ::)  I may even make one before hunting season. Glad to see you posting again. We have missed you. Hope life has smoothed out for you.

Dustybaer

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 10:30:15 am »
not yet pat, but it's getting there.  my apologies to all for my extended absence.

anyway, the offer stands.  and yes, i know you have a ton of bows.  there was a time, when you were posting a new one every day (well, almost every day)  ;D

Offline PeteC

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 10:37:19 pm »
Dang Pat,it did give up did'nt it. Unfortunately,I've had 2 that broke very similar to yours,(both limbs at the same time),but, one was ERC,the other American Elm.It'll sure draw attention though. ;D  God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Little John

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2009, 08:50:31 pm »
Man oh man Pat. I would still have shell shock, stuff like that used not to bother me but now sometimes the phone makes me jump, I can only imagine this explosion. I have not had any break in a while, just come in under weight. Glad you are ok and can laugh about it, and gllad also that you have others to shoot and hunt with. Hope you get a good one as you deserve it. Well if we wanted perfect durability we would back with glass.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2009, 11:01:17 pm »
Pete, this one is just a memory now. I have others to shoot but I really need to build a new one...just for the healing. ;)