Author Topic: Support your magazine  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Susquehannock

Support your magazine
« on: June 06, 2009, 08:58:56 am »
ok, I know this is more of a rant and rave thing, but hear me out. Let me preface this by saying I have no affiliation with Primitive Archer Magazine and no financial interests in the magazine whatsoever. I make my living as a graphic designer, and I work with several magazines. The U.S. is currently in an "economic slump" and just this week, two of my magazine clients either folded or went on hold because of tough financial conditions. Advertisers aren't advertising, postage rates continue to increase, etc.

I tell you all this in order to encourage those of you who lurk on this site (like me) but have not already subscribed to the magazine to get a subscription. I subscribed many years ago and continue to subscribe, not only because I enjoy the magazine, but because I enjoy reading the forums, learning all I can about primitive archery, and because I wanted to support a magazine I enjoyed. I'll take it one step further and encourage you to support their advertisers and tell the advertiser that you bought their product because of the magazine or you saw them in the magazine or website. Let's face it, we all enjoy primitive archery and we should do our small part to ensure the continued existence of this magazine and website, and other archery, hunting, fishing, outdoor, or whatever your interests may be.

ok, off my soap box . . . thanks for listening. Jason.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Support your magazine
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 11:34:44 am »
Thanks for your support, Jason. If everyone would subscribe and support the advertisers, we would be sitting prettier than we already sit. ;)
  PA does need everyone's support so please subscribe, if you already haven't.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:52:23 am »
I'm not sure if the emag provides optimum support, but it's certainly the preferred option for me. The only downside of the emag is that the previuos month's issue disappears. Is there any way to access the back issues through emag?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 04:33:52 pm »
 adb, I don't think so? That is the advantage of subscribing to the magazine. Another thing I'd like to add, If you buy or order something from one of the advertisers, rather,  email or phone, let them know you heard about their product from the add they have in the magazine.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »
Well said Jason
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline smokeu

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 10:06:40 pm »
I really agree with you!!! Ive been buying the mag from the bookstand and rush to get them when they come out... But my awesome wife is getting me a subscription for fathers day!

Mike
Longview, TEXAS

Offline wakosama

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 04:32:50 am »
I've subscribed for years, almost from the beginning.  Magazine has changed alot as usual.  More commercial.  I can only say I'd like to see more technical articles, but I get that on this forum.  Still have some years old issues, somewhere...

Still it's a great publication, way better than other niche magazines... or maybe that's just me.

Wish there were more meets in the South TX area.... hint.?  Maybe I'm not hooked up yet...
Think as if your LIFE depends on it... IT DOES...!

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 06:01:45 am »
Well said Jason. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 09:12:19 am »
Well said. The magazine is outstanding. I've been a subscriber since the beginning or pretty close. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 10:13:48 pm »
I love the magazine too, and look forward to its arrival in the mailbox every other month.  I've ordered some of the older back issues in the past too and really enjoyed them.  It's the best magazine that I've found.
south central VA