Author Topic: New guy here.  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Wiggy

New guy here.
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:26:33 am »
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself since I've been ghosting around here for several days, drooling over ya'll bows, lol. I've been interested in primitive archery ever since I can remember, but all my previous attempts at building a bow have failed. Usually from either cracks forming while the stave was drying or from violating the growth ring on the back (them things are hard to follow) ;D. I finally learned to seal the back and ends of the stave before putting them up, and that's helped.

I've been mildly successful (lucky) with hunting with laminated recurves and such, but all I've ever really wanted was to hunt with self-made equipment. Hopefully, with a little help I can have something worked out by deer season. There's lots of hickory and red oak on my land, and I know there's a bow in there somewhere  ;).

-Ray Wiggington
Gleason, TN

Offline DanaM

Re: New guy here.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:47:12 am »
Keep at Wiggy the more shavings ya make the more ya learn :) Don't hesitate to ask for help lots of free advice to be had on here :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 07:52:40 am »
Welcome! Lots of experienced folks here to give you advice... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:25:25 am »
Welcome, Wiggy. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline smokeu

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 10:24:10 am »
Well this is the right place to be... Use the search feature on here as much as any other resource I have found the answers to soo many questions just from that.  Also the TBB volume 4 is super nice. And a subscription to the mag is nice too. lol  Welcome aboard!!!

Mike
Longview, TEXAS

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 04:40:07 pm »
Hey Ray, welcome.  Just keep at it, you'll get it.  Look in the how-to section and ask questions in this section.  Plenty of helpful people on here.
south central VA

Offline Little John

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 04:23:40 pm »
Welcome aboard, and have fun.    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

MAK

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 09:16:07 am »
Welcome