Author Topic: Gemsbok horn takedown  (Read 11240 times)

northaxe

Gemsbok horn takedown
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:34:49 am »
Just read about the gemsbok/oryx horn takedown bow in the bowyers bible vol. 1.  Sounds so cool.  Anyone know more about them? I would love to learn the specifics of their construction.  If anyone knows anything about them I would be very grateful to learn!

Offline Parnell

Re: Gemsbok horn takedown
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:11 am »
I've recently been devouring TBB1 myself and found that interesting.  Don't know about it but will be watching...
1’—>1’

Zaneman

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:47:08 pm »
where are you supposed to get gremsbok horn i live in CA and have no clue

Offline Aries

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:03:23 pm »
I have seen them for sell on ebay. They are alot cheaper than i expected. Ive seen a usable pair for around 50$ before. While your researchin That stlyle of bow, you might do a google search for diablo bow. It is probably one of the meanest bows Ive seen ;D
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,
                   you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                               ~Abraham Maslow

Offline FVR

• http://www.angelfire.com/ga/alionatemysister/
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 06:25:06 pm »
Here is one that I made years ago.

Scraped it down to 70 lbs at 26".  Use to sell gemsbok hornbow kits back then.........until horn started go up in price.

If you need any help building one, let me know as I've built plenty and usually help two or three gents a year build them over the net.
Can't cheat the mountain, pilgrim.
Mountain got it....

Offline Luffchylde

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:44 pm »
Here is one that I made years ago.

Scraped it down to 70 lbs at 26".  Use to sell gemsbok hornbow kits back then.........until horn started go up in price.

If you need any help building one, let me know as I've built plenty and usually help two or three gents a year build them over the net.

I am also wanting to make a gemsbok takedown. Someone left TBB#2 on the book exchange counter at work last year, and I've been bugging my husband about trying it ever since. I finally have some of the tools to get started with bows. Any help would be appreciated, although I'm not a gent!  ;)