Author Topic: POLL: How many bows do you have?  (Read 12068 times)

Offline Dano

Re: POLL: How many bows do you have?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 10:51:25 pm »
I only count the bows I will not part with, and these my good friends have made.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 11:34:00 pm »
I've got a few of those too Dano. ;)  Quite a few of the bows I own were given to me by the maker and those are part of my collection and not for sale. I have an arrow collection too...actually I collect all kinds of stuff! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dave 55

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 11:59:28 pm »
Well,I just starting self bows this last winter,Ive got 4 that are shooters,one hackberry my last that I think turned out real well,2 I cut the bellys near in half on a bandsaw which wasnt  part of the plan and 1 58 inch osage that became a takedown about midlimb.
Now is the good old days

Aosda

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 12:26:15 am »
I just started last month.  I have 4 so far :-[.  2 shooters, built one bought one. 1 that cracked in the making.  And I'm shooting in my third build attempt.  All you guys were right when you said it was adictive ;D

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 12:32:35 am »
Right now I have 10 completely finished wooden bows and numerous projects at different stages.  ::)
I can't ever have enough....I think we all are always trying to make a new improved model that far exceeds the old previous atempts.  :)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline DustinDees

• the kingdom of bahrain, deployed
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 12:50:25 am »
My first is a 3 piece takedown all wood flatbow made without power tools excluding the drill (i know its a strange combo) have 2 sets of limbs for it, 4 adult board selfbows 4 kids board selfbows.and an unfinished gemsbok horn bow... still deciding what to do with it.
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's Relativit

Offline bambule

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 05:27:51 am »
Most of them are given away - 8 are on the wall and 4 of them are shooted by me... (only one FG from the old times)
Didn't count the kids bows...

Greetz
Cord
Niedersachsen, Germany

Offline NOMADIC PIRATE

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 05:57:57 am »
25 wooden bows, all ready to be taken out hunting.

4 HILL glass bows, sometimes one of them gets the call to go in the field  ;D
NORTH SHORE, HAWAII

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 06:38:39 am »
Nine total, including my son's and my wife's and two glass bows.  I'm new at this so I try to make a completely different bow each time.  When I start repeating, I'll start giving some of  them away.
Traverse City, MI

Offline TRACY

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 09:17:48 am »
Just found one in my closet that I forgot about if that's any indication. I've got two that I use day in and day out, but the rest go to those interested in shooting selfbows. I find it easier to build them for someone else than myself. Ironically, the two that I use are nothing fancy to look at, an overbuilt hickory with 2" of set and a slightly deflexed spliced osage with some superficial scars. Kinda like that old pair of boots that are oh so comfortable and feel good. Also have a corner in the barn for the flawed and broken.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2009, 09:36:28 am »
Tracy, (and all you other guys), this has been interesting hearing about your line up of bows.  It's amazing how many of you make bows and give them away.  I wonder how many stamp collectors, model airplane guys or HO-Train collectors just "give them away" .   This group of bowyers sets itself apart in many ways.   The productivity and generosity are two of them. 

I'll bet there's more of you that have not checked in yet.   looking forward to hearing your counts. 

piper

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 09:56:31 am »
A few
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline rkeltner

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 10:52:30 am »
11 counting, including two fg (obtained before i started building!), one compound (sorry!), and eight primitive and traditionals that i built, two of which i built for my daughters! i currently have somewhere between 3 and 5 bows in process 9can't keep track right now, and haven't taken stock of what's out there) i have the makings for more than i have a clue about, and annoy my wife by continually looking for more raw materials!

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2009, 12:58:30 pm »
A few

;D

I count ten from here. But that's my working/music room with the computer and a piano, two saxophones and such, the room doesn't really have to do with archery much...
Looks different downstaires in the living room - that's where the bandsaw is, too...
Frank from Germany...

Offline adb

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2009, 02:43:53 pm »
12 longbows
2 recurves
2 FG takedown recurves
2 FG longbows

Of the 200 or so bows I've made, I've given away or sold most of them.