Author Topic: primitive vs homemade  (Read 6637 times)

Offline boo

Re: primitive vs homemade
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »
It depends on how you look at it. I mean heck if you build a bow 100% with rocks and a string from plant fibers will it be primitive if you got your rock through the mail and had to drive your truck to harvest the plants ? What if you had on jeans and tennis shoes? Maybe  a primitive bow made with abo tools v/s a primitive bow made with moderd tools? Everyone has their own idea of what primitive is and where that line you have to cross to make it non primitive. To some, if you dont walk into the woods naked and leave with a bow and arrows made while out there, it isnt primitive.  Homemade to me is something you made yourself and didnt buy, so even the primitive folk made homemade stuff. Just some thoughts? ??? ??? ???
Boo

Offline Stoker

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 07:34:38 pm »
Primative / homemade = FUN and good people. Doesn't matter what you call it as long as your having fun                                        Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 07:46:58 pm »
It depends on how you look at it. I mean heck if you build a bow 100% with rocks and a string from plant fibers will it be primitive if you got your rock through the mail and had to drive your truck to harvest the plants ? What if you had on jeans and tennis shoes? Maybe  a primitive bow made with abo tools v/s a primitive bow made with moderd tools? Everyone has their own idea of what primitive is and where that line you have to cross to make it non primitive. To some, if you dont walk into the woods naked and leave with a bow and arrows made while out there, it isnt primitive.  Homemade to me is something you made yourself and didnt buy, so even the primitive folk made homemade stuff. Just some thoughts? ??? ??? ???

Way to go boo now jamie is going to do a build along naked :o :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI