Author Topic: MORE ARROWS IN FLIGHT ...STACEY AND TYLER!!!  (Read 4954 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
MORE ARROWS IN FLIGHT ...STACEY AND TYLER!!!
« on: April 03, 2009, 08:36:33 pm »
I decided to try my hand at photography and let the family do the shooting.. I am no Stacey with the camera, but she sure has some great form and is very acurate.. and Tyler needs to work on the form.. but man he can nail the targets.. ok enough bragging about the shooters ;) hope you anjoy the pics of my family slinging sticks... Hawk a/ho

[attachment deleted by admin]
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline billy

Re: MORE ARROWS IN FLIGHT ...STACEY AND TYLER!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:44:27 pm »
HEy Hawk,

You're pretty darn good with that camera, I must say.  You got some arrows in flight and that's really tough to do.  Once again, great photos! 
Marietta, Georgia

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 08:46:08 pm »
Tyler is shooting a bamboo backed hickory bow.. and Stacey is shooting my snakey osage built by my adopted brother.. Bob Red Hawk..  the bow has a snake head  carved on one end for a nock and a rattle carved on the other for a nock.. big medicine bow... hope i can get it back from Stacey :'( ;) Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 09:17:18 pm »
OK Hawk:  Now you get on the hay stack and let Stacey fire some pointy sticks in your direction so you can take some pictures of incoming fire.  I hope its friendly fire!  I know she won't let you take Ditch the bear dog up there with you!  On second thought, maybe you should wait until after turkey and spring bear hunting seasons!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Little John

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 09:48:05 pm »
Good shooting Hawk. Stacy really does have good shooting form and totally cool medicine bow as well. Good luck getting it back. Again really nice pictures.   kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 01:07:33 am »
More great pics!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 01:13:56 am »
GREAT IDEA JOE, I thought we were brothers ;D ;) you are trying to get me shot for sure..besides Stacey doesn't like the dog either.. so one of us would be a target for sure.. Billy, Kenneth and Pat thanks for the comments brothers.. I am proud of their prowess with the primitive weapons.. Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 01:21:48 am »
A/HO! Hustons! great shooting pictures. that stuff is awesome. nice bows.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline hedgeapple

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 01:23:10 am »
Nice photos, Hawk.  Did you need to prove you're as brave as Stacey to be on the hay bail or did she need to prove she could shoot better than you?  haha  Good family fun either way, brother.
Dave   Richmond, KY
26" draw

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 01:24:52 am »
Thanks Ryan, you may have to shoot against her when you get here this summer.. so you better practice up ;D she has no mercy on we inferior males of the species... but she does cook good so all is well 8) Hawk a/ho

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:28 am »
Dave, there is no way i would get in front of her with the bow in her hand.. we have been married too long for me to have any doubts as to where I stand in the pecking order.. ;D ;) :o Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 02:40:00 am »
look forward to it aint shot ina awhile though so she might out shoot me....i figured she was a good cook look forward to some elk or mulie steaks.  ;D ;)
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Cromm

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 07:03:36 am »
Hi,
Great photos!!!!
Great Britain.
Home of the Longbowman.

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 10:58:05 am »
Well, I think the next challenge for Stacy and her camera is to catch a picture of one of Hawk's birds in flight scores! :o :o  He has shot several different birds out of the air in the past so would really like to see a photo of one of those.  Season for pheasants, ducks, and geese does not begin until fall so will have to wait.  One of the practice sessions he and his sons work at is shooting at flying targets.  They amaze me with their shooting abilities.  Keeping the Hustons in arrows is a big time job.  Stacey can make them as well as Hawk and hers are beautiful.  They live as the rest of us would like to live, next to nature with respect for Mother Earth and all her creatures!  a/ho  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Little John

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 11:12:45 am »
Looking forward to the birds in flight harvest pics, I have no doubt Stacy will get them. Makes me want to start aerial practice. Any ideas on how to launch them without an assistant? Maybe I have also been missing hunting opportunities by not going after ducks and geese, maybe pond stalking or how about roadhunting a river from a canoe.     Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell