Author Topic: more arrows in flight  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Little John

more arrows in flight
« on: March 22, 2009, 11:26:13 pm »
I finally got dry dirt, nice weather and my photographer all together and did a bit of shooting. That was the easy part, had a really hard time getting 12 megapixel photos to down size, finally got the idea to take photos of photos with my regular camera and did them that way. Any help to down size the better pics would be appreciated. Hope you enjoy.     Kenneth

[attachment deleted by admin]
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Little John

Re: more arrows in flight
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:39:00 pm »
a couple more, one with arrow in flight

[attachment deleted by admin]
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 10:00:41 am »
WOW.. Great pics brother... that is a good looking horse.. looks like it could pack some elk quarters for sure... and that snakey bow is pretty darn nice also.... thanks for sharing Hawk a/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:13:51 am »
I watched Cat Balue (sp) the other night and the first pic reminded me of Lee Marvin(Kid Shaleen) on his horse.
   Cool pics the one full draw at a gallop is very cool. Must have been the photographer! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 01:59:50 pm »
Very nice pic's Kenneth, I enjoyed them! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 09:23:56 pm »
Thanks Mike, Pat, and Greg. Yes he is a very nice horse and tons of fun to ride. We raised him from a baby and he is eight years old now and very well trained. Could definatly pack elk but probably thinks that is above his pay grade. he is a medicine hat paint and has always been happy to be a mounted archer horse. Would love to make it to the mounted horse archery festival but you know they would put it on in Sept. right in the middle of the elk season. The bow pulls 45# and is plenty for learning this sport.     Kenneth
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:54:32 pm by Little John »

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:29 pm »
I hear yu there brother.. a friend of mine just announced he is getting married in September.. I feel for the yongun.. if we would have had a date like that I would still be single ;D Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Little John

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 10:58:09 pm »
Yep I got Married in Sept. 20 years ago but told my wife then and there  not to expect a big celebration each year unless it was on the mountain. My weekends in September are not negotiable.     Kenneth

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 08:19:51 am »
very cool! would to have a horse for things like that, shooting, hunting and packing in.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:54:11 am »
Really like the horse and the pictures!  Great to be able to shoot off him, especially when he is moving!  Horses are a big part of my life.  Nothing like hunting and horses! Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Little John

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 08:30:27 pm »
Thanks Hunter Trapper and Joe. Yes horses are an important part of our lives and our past also. I have used them lots for exploring and scouting new hunting areas, packing camp gear and game. Nice to be able to hunt a wilderness area and know you can get an animal back to civilization if you should happen to score.    Kenneth

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 08:53:36 pm »
 Really nice photo's Kenneth and that is a fine looking animal.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 10:52:25 pm »
...and Kenneth has used his horses for packing gringos out of the wilderness too! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 11:04:48 pm »
I can relate to that... Wolf Watcher had to save my elk for me last year when I killed her in a steep nasty canyon.. good friends you can count on in the mountains are hard to come by..Hawk

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Little John

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 11:43:01 pm »
Yep those good friends that you can count on are the ones you want to be up there with. I think there are lots of them on this board that could be put in this catagory. Pat is the only one I have had the privilage but so far I have not been dissapointed.    kenneth