Author Topic: naughty osage sapling  (Read 1902 times)

Offline ken bee

naughty osage sapling
« on: March 07, 2009, 12:01:49 am »
i spotted some osage brush growing on the edge of an old stage road probably planted by some old time teamsters to repair broken tugs. steep heavy load needs best wood..i  found a 61" sapling 2-3" or so split in 1/2. it made 1+1/8" with a medium high crown.  i reflexed the handle and cracked it on the belly side so i glued.  i was getting pretty confident, then at full draw it happened, krraak !!! to ma amazement only an 1/8" x 3or4" splinter problem.  now is what to do?  limbs r intact.  handle failing.  im entertaining a primative take down.  i have a cow shin or elk shin. did i mention goat horn, sheep parts and jack rabbt sinew.  this is the first osa i ever saw.  its special to me.  i want to save it.  its prob even a sturgeon back candidate.  looking for advice on breaking bow still.   ken     
p.s.  look on tp for w @ b stg hd .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx no cut xxxxxx   you get 2times as much 

Offline Timo

Re: naughty osage sapling
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:07:10 am »
ya got any pics?

Offline ken bee

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 01:33:39 pm »
it seems my camera restufftolution is too high i cant find out how to adjust it some said use photo bucket but ill have to study up on that im kind of self taught on this tech stuff sorry  ken

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »
you can also just d/l them to your computer....then right click on the Pictures where you stored them.... click send in Mail....it will ask you if you want to resize them....then just send them tyo yourself....it works beleive me....I did it before I got a Photobucket Account......
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome