Author Topic: Therapy  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Timo

Therapy
« on: March 06, 2009, 06:01:40 pm »
Took the day off to day.I had to go to therapy.:)

Well of coarse cutting bow wood...what other kind of therapy is there? :)

Found this tree last week while on a sojourn.Covered with moss and down for 2 years,due to an ice storm. I new it had some character, and was pleased how it came out. Most turn their noses to staves as such, but I like um,and these are good ones!

Check out the rings..very nice indeed.

Here is todays haul.Kinda wore this old man out.

rt to left:3  coffee tree staves------Blackhaw,(the biggest I've ever seen)----and osage.

Bowbound

Re: Therapy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:22:31 pm »
grrr. Now i need some therapy. You're making me jealous. But i can;t wait to see the bows! :)

Offline burn em up chuck

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 06:24:47 pm »
    i happen to think their beautiful,and those rings ;D  ;D,bonus pay.

chuck
Honored to say I'm a Member of the

Twin Oaks Bowhunters club

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 07:13:00 pm »
Nice haul, Tim. Anyone that doesn't like those beautiful staves need therapy!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

nickf

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 07:31:22 pm »
yupyup you just made me jelous :)

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:40:49 pm »
That's some fine looking wood ya got there. I especially like the one on the far right. I hope the worms didn't get very far into it. 
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:47:33 pm »
Looks like some nice stuff to me Timo :) Would love to try that Folgers wood ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Timo

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:14:34 pm »
Dana, I sent you a pm. You need to email me.

Went a lil to heavy today.Think I mighta stretched my hernia fix... Gonna relax tomorrow,got me some tonkin cane today,started straightnin them,started putting the finish on 2 new bows tonight.Be busy with them to. Then I might just kinda sit there with a cup o joe,stare at them staves and knapp a point?

(yall jealous) :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 11:33:05 pm »
not about your hernia! ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 07:18:45 am »
Timo I thought I replied but I see my e-mail was sitting in my outbox ??? Oh well it sent now.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

DCM

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 09:11:56 am »
Tim,

Don't eff around w/ that hernia boy.  I busted an outie where my innie used to be, right where my incision from last year stops, and to be honest I ain't sure how.  I ain't been exactly bashful since then, but not exactly up for a whole lot of power lifting either.  Drs spectulating on whether it could have even been while straining w/ the abdomenal cramps from the Chemo.  Either way it means I gotta get it fixed once I'm done.  Bummer.  And I know other fellars that have re-injured. 

I envy you the stamina to go wood cutting.  It's just about my fave thing to do, and pretty much w/in a week or two of right now is my fave time.

Nice looking haul.  I hope to get a look at the back on a couple today, that I've had cut a while.  Hope to see some wiggle like yours do.  Good character wood may be the one thing that keeps me coming back to osage, and selfbowyering.  Heck if I wanted right and regular, I'd fetch me a sawn core and boo backing.

Blackhaw huh?  Gonna have to study up on that one.  Has bark kinda like a redbud or dogwood, but looks like darker wood.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 10:00:11 am »
Nice haul Timo. I got the wood cutting bug bad!  :o
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 11:14:45 am »
You guys who live in Osage Country are so spoiled ;D (OldBow from Montana)
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Timo

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 11:46:45 am »
Good to see you are up and at it Mims. I'm mindful of when I need to quit. Today is a lazy day for me.

Old bow, I am spoiled,plum rotten on osage. I can look out my kitchen winder and see 1/2 dozen trees that I have been pruning on for 10 yrs now. They were just lil tikes when I started on um. Someone is gonna love me some day.:)

Offline Little John

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 02:16:10 pm »
Good job on your little garden, good for you, and nice haul, they look primo to me. Nice rings and character makes them better.     kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell