Author Topic: A bow for Gregb.....Finished pictures added !  (Read 32034 times)

Offline Barrage

Re: A bow for Gregb.....
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2009, 11:57:54 am »
Nice bow Ryan.
Travis

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2009, 02:06:28 pm »
Wow! Man, I need a bib to catch the slobber running down my cheek!  ;D  I bet she is a sweet shooter, can't wait to try her out. Ryan, you need to think of a name for her! I'll think you again of course when I have her in my hands...but I really appreciate the time and talent you've put into the bow! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Jesse

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2009, 06:42:11 pm »
man that thing looks incredible :o
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2009, 06:47:52 pm »
Greg B, I was down to  Ryano last nite working on a bow an he was working on your recurve an I got to draw it a few times an take pics of ryano. That has to be one of nicest recurves I,ve ever seen an does it ever have a sweet draw, Sure hope I didn,t get to much drool on your bow. Later Bob,  Maybe I,ll sneak down tonite an drool I mean work on my bow!

DCM

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2009, 07:48:00 pm »
Looks great Ryan.  But the braced and unbraced profile tell me the lower midlimb is or was slightly softer than the rest at some point.  If it ain't plumb shot in, or has some other feature to account for it, I'd keep an eye on that before I put the finish on.  You got the tiller dead nuts thought, both recurves coming to the right angles.

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2009, 08:11:20 pm »
Thanks everybody for the nice words.
Greg, good thing your such a nice guy, cause I'd have a hard time letting this one go to anyone else.  >:D  ::)  ;D  ;)
Bob, come on down. I'll probally be heading out to shop in a little bit.
David, it does look that way. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time because the string measures a 1/8" closer on the lower limb just how I wanted it but it still looked weaker. I think what it is your seeing is the fact that I spliced the billets together deflexed and the center of the splice is well below the center of the bow so I could cut a deep arrow shelf with out violating the w splice. This makes the lower limb appear slightly more deflexed. Good eye.  ;)
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline Ryano

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 08:37:41 am »
Here's a picture of the antler tips.  ;D

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 09:03:56 am »
Looks great Ryan! What do you think the draw weight is going settle at with my 27" draw? Have you decided whether or not to sinew it yet? I'm fine with whatever you want to do... ;)

Put a bib on Bob if he gets to drooling around my bow again! ;D
Greg

Offline Ryano

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2009, 12:16:43 pm »
Greg, it should be right about where you wanted it. Around 55#@28" so probally about 52 or 53 @27" Won't know for sure untill I put a few more arrows through it and finish sand it. I still could heat treat the belly and bump up the poundage if nessasary but I like the way it shoots right now.  ;D No sinew, the pins I was conserned with actualy ended up in the non working part of the recurve anyways. It should be fine.  ;)

Offline Stickhead

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 12:46:58 pm »
Wow, Ryan, those curves are unbelievable!  You gotta love that bow.

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2009, 08:39:30 pm »

Hey Ryan! - you're da recurve man!
F.
Frank from Germany...

Offline Ryano

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2009, 11:08:15 pm »
Thanks Stick and Frank... ;D

Offline Keenan

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2009, 01:02:02 pm »
 Excellent Ryan,  You are the recurve king. Very nice line and great overall package. Greg is a lucky man ;)

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2009, 09:40:32 pm »
Hey Greg B. Ryano an I were over to the club last nite an he was running some arrows thru your bow an ask me if I would like shoot it, That is one of the nicest shooting bows I have ever shot an I could'nt believe the  nice groups. No nocking point an my arrows are  all differnt lengths an weights an materials cane,  cedar, an ash didn't seem to matter .  Greg you are one lucky guy that is a shootin machine an its not hard to look at either, best of two worlds. I can't wait to see it when Ryan puts the final finish on it. Later Bob

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2009, 08:34:13 am »
Bob, you guys just want to torture me don't you? ;) I'm really looking forward to getting it in my hands, just hope I can do it justice on the shooting end...I know the bow is capable. ;) I'm working on some cane arrows that will hopefully shoot out of it okay.

I'm glad you like it and thanks for the info...come on down with Ryan and family to the Classic in May! ;)
Greg