Author Topic: Rememberin the old days.  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Rememberin the old days.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 03:58:16 pm »
Dave, put me down for one, too. :) Have you ever read Robert Adams' Castaways in Time series? Pretty good stuff in that same vein. I liked his Horseclans series, too.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline snedeker

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 10:50:22 am »
You know I never have read Adams.  I'll have to.  The other similar stuff was some of Fred Saberhagens Berserker series.  Robots going back in time to change events to screw up human history

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:40 am »

I had no idea knight was gator.

D

News to me also.  I think I did a trade with gator. Sent him one of my heat treated HHB recurves I was making at the time.  I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the bow he sent me, a linen backed Mulberry board bow
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Badbill

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 02:25:30 pm »
That sounds strange to me! I've dealt with David Knight on dozens of occasions, and every dealing I've had with Him has been great. His work has always been the highest quality, and he has been honest to a fault. He has always been friendly, and though I've never met him from all the phone conversations I've had with him, I would certainly count him amongst my friends.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 03:39:45 pm »
I do remember all those people but I go back further than that. LOL. That wasn't so long ago.  Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 08:21:50 pm »
That sounds strange to me! I've dealt with David Knight on dozens of occasions, and every dealing I've had with Him has been great. His work has always been the highest quality, and he has been honest to a fault. He has always been friendly, and though I've never met him from all the phone conversations I've had with him, I would certainly count him amongst my friends.

Me too :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Gordon

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »
Anyone heard from JD Duff? I haven't seen him post here in quite a while. I really miss looking at his bows - always inspiring.
Gordon

Offline Lobo69ss

• Born 200 years too late
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 05:31:15 pm »
  I don`t know if it`s the same guy or not, but there`s someone going by Riverrat over @ Paleoplanet, I believe hes a moderator or possibly an administrator...  ???
The man who sees the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 06:01:19 pm »
I'm not putting down David and I do remember that he was having problems at the time.  The bow was well tillered, just not what I was expecting in trade.  I guess my expectations got the better of me
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Traxx

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 09:33:56 pm »
Lobo,
I remember seein that handle on PP n thinkin Tony had come back.But,was dissapointed to see it wasnt.