Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 314759 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #870 on: November 28, 2012, 10:51:32 pm »
Deer season is slowing down for the 7th year  ;) ;D ;D so let's bring this back to the top. ;) ;D ;D ;D Should be some well seasoned staves floating around out there somewhere. :)
   Pappy
Mark, might be dry rotted staves by now ::)
A bow circle is a great idea!  Shipping might get expensive, though.  How many times will we be passing the bows along?
Patrick, by the time you get to shipping them to the next person you'll have plenty of money,, you'll have paid for the kids college, retired, planned and paid for your funeral and at least a couple of trips around the world for you and the Missus.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #871 on: November 29, 2012, 06:48:47 am »
Patrick,we thought it was a good idea also, many many years ago,not so sure anymore. ;) ;) Guess you thought this was a new thread,sorry this has been going on for years. ??? ??? :o I seem to have heard somewhere prefection takes time ,I feel sure that is what the hold up is. ;) ;D ;D   
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #872 on: November 30, 2012, 02:16:04 am »
Yep, I thought this was starting up again with new folks.  Oops. ;D   Thanks Pappy.
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Keenan

« Reply #873 on: December 03, 2012, 11:10:40 am »
With the seasoning those stave have we should be able to see the change in color from each step.  :o :o ;D

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #874 on: December 03, 2012, 09:03:09 pm »
Ive been waiting till they were all located again.... Guessin that aint gonna happen, lol... Keenan, i will be sending you a package shortly...
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #875 on: December 04, 2012, 07:02:06 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D I suspect most have gone by the way side,either lost or mixed up with other stuff,not even sure who was in it that is still active. :) Seems to me their was someone in OK. that dropped of of sight and sort of got things off track. Who knows ,just fun to bring it back up from time to time. :) :) The last one I remember having was Pat's white oak board bow that I put a Hickory back on because of low weight,it should be well seasoned now and may weigh 80 lbs. I sent it out to someone,been to long and don't remember who.  ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #876 on: December 04, 2012, 09:11:38 am »
I got that one Pappy....
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #877 on: December 04, 2012, 10:09:47 am »
Did it pick up any weight over the years,first one I every put a back on,if fact the only one I have every put a wood back on. ;) :) Just wondered,it seemed wet when I got it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #878 on: December 04, 2012, 12:15:42 pm »
Havent checked in a couple years, lol. But it shot like a demon after a few days inda hotbox

Offline Keenan

« Reply #879 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:30 pm »
I'm with you guys it has actually been fun having this pop back into reality from time to time. Makes for more suspense and more of a surprise in the end when we can't even remember what stave we sent out,LOL :o

Sound good Brian I'll keep my eyes open and try not to sit on the next one for three years   :o ;D

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #880 on: December 20, 2012, 12:24:17 pm »
How do you jump in on this or get a new stave going?

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #881 on: December 20, 2012, 01:29:28 pm »
Barry, if you look at the first page you will see we started this back in '06 and the bows still aren't done. Maybe you should wait until after the first of the year and get in the Bow Trade then.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Stingray45

« Reply #882 on: December 20, 2012, 03:15:46 pm »
Haha I took a look back at that Pat. I usually get in the bow trade but I think this would be interesting to do. I'd like to see how the Frankenbows would turn out taking in parts and utilizing skills from different guys and see how they mesh. I was thinking of starting up a new bow circle post in the bow section to see if some of us showing interest recently can get one going.

~Barry
Is there anything better than wandering the earth with a stick and string in your hand?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #883 on: December 20, 2012, 05:00:23 pm »
Go for it!  Hope you have better success than we have.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #884 on: January 30, 2013, 08:13:48 am »
After seeing the post in Trade section it made me think of this again, >:D fun to dream now and then and to be honest it is storming here this morning and I was just bored.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Always fun to take a trip down memory lane.  :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good