Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 315001 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #825 on: October 27, 2011, 09:23:55 pm »
 Those osage bows ought to be just about black by now. ??? :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Keenan

« Reply #826 on: October 28, 2011, 01:01:16 am »
Thats why I couldn't find them! ::) They changed color and blended in with the steel,,,,,,,,,,,, >:D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #827 on: October 28, 2011, 01:19:09 am »
National Geographic will do a Sunday evening program on the PA Friendship Bows before we ever see them.  ???  But what the hey! This has been a fun thread all these many years. Lots of good belly laughs for sure.
  If Hillbilly, Koan and Keenan have the bows maybe they can bring them to the Classic next spring(Justin already promised he was coming) and we could have a Friendship Bow Circle and see what these bows actually look like. Maybe it will jar our feeble minds.  ;)  Raffle them all off at the Classic. I'll take the money if nobody else wants it.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #828 on: October 28, 2011, 01:49:56 am »
Pat, I don't think I will make it again next year. I hope to be graduating that weekend.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #829 on: October 28, 2011, 02:59:20 am »
Well I guess your school work in more important anyway. We'll miss you again. Maybe you can telecomute!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #830 on: October 28, 2011, 07:01:08 am »
Yep ,it has been a fun thread for sure,just had to bring it up again. :) :) I felt so much preasure when I got the bows at the start to get on them and really get them out quick,I now see it really didn't matter,all these gray hairs for nothing  ;) ;D ;D ;D no one cares how long it takes. :) If they all get finished the real fun will be over. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #831 on: October 28, 2011, 12:37:57 pm »
 I did too. I was really bummed when I took too much wood off Pat's bow. I guess it turned out to not be that big of Deal? ::)And that's the only bow I got a chance to work on. I was waiting for the two Hillbilly has next. :P ;)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Keenan

« Reply #832 on: October 28, 2011, 01:28:05 pm »
 Allright,,,,,,,,,,,I just roughed out some Cascara so maybe that will get things moving again,,,,,,,  :o >:D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #833 on: October 28, 2011, 08:21:37 pm »
I think the problem started when we said there would be no dates or times on sending to the next guy. Maybe we should have set a 6 month time limit.  ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #834 on: October 28, 2011, 09:11:19 pm »
Problem,,,,,,,,,,who said there was a problem?  I get to claim that I am the one that added the patina to these two bows  :P  >:D I learned that if you wait two years on Osage that you can add some really neat scrape marks to the back of the bow and the patina looks just like you left some of the cambium layer. :o

Ps. Justin, Do I ship these to you next ?  I think that was the order ::) If so shoot me your mailing info in a Pm again. 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:17:14 pm by Keenan »

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #835 on: October 29, 2011, 12:00:15 am »
Yes Keenan, it comes to me next. Ill drop you a PM.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #836 on: October 31, 2011, 11:13:56 am »
You have got to be kidding,this thing is moving again. :o :o ::)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #837 on: October 31, 2011, 12:48:59 pm »
Someone needs to wake up Steve and Brian then. ::)
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Keenan

« Reply #838 on: October 31, 2011, 01:07:54 pm »
Got some more work done on them Saturday. Should have them in rout to you later is week Justin. I'll send you the tracking numbers when they go out. Then I can sit back and tease you all' >:D

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #839 on: October 31, 2011, 05:16:48 pm »
Got some more work done on them Saturday. Should have them in rout to you later is week Justin. I'll send you the tracking numbers when they go out. Then I can sit back and tease you all' >:D
YOU DA MAN!

SW Utah