Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 314999 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #810 on: December 07, 2010, 11:34:15 am »
Not much termites here, but there is some dust collected on the two bows that are on my bench. ::)  However there is hope :o I have been diligently setting short measureable goals each day and those two are in site. My last "New Year" reselution was to complete everything that I started. ::) ::) What could I have been thinking. :o However the good news is that I am actually making progress and doing it. I have finished 4 bows this year and also some smaller projects and got three boxes of promissed goodies out and mailed off last week.  :o :o I know somewhere in this world someone just choked on there coffee. Now if I can figure out who's bows these are that I have. ::)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #811 on: December 07, 2010, 12:33:12 pm »
No rush ;) ;D ;D ;D I wouldn't have a clue ,it has been so long,I know I sent 2/3/4 forward right off when it first started,back when my hair was dark and ant seen anything since. O well it's hunting season and ant got time anyway.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #812 on: December 07, 2010, 12:59:29 pm »
No rush ;) ;D ;D ;D I wouldn't have a clue ,it has been so long,I know I sent 2/3/4 forward right off when it first started,back when my hair was dark and ant seen anything since. O well it's hunting season and ant got time anyway.  :)
   Pappy
Now gosh darn it Pappy,,,,,,Don't be telling me "No Rush"  I'm trying to be diligent and those kind of comments are just enabling my general nature of procrastination. ;D ::) On the other hand ,,,,,just think how well seasoned the wood is by now! >:D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #813 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:43 pm »
 I know Brian,(koan) has one or some?, hillbilly, that has time to go scareing animals at Cade's place this weekend has, maybe, a couple more?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #814 on: October 27, 2011, 09:39:54 am »
 ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D Just like to get things going on this at least once a year. :) :) It all seem to be coming together now. ??? ::) ::)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #815 on: October 27, 2011, 09:41:57 am »
Come on guys,it's raining and I had some time on my hands. ;) ;D ;D :-[ >:D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #816 on: October 27, 2011, 10:58:24 am »
Sure would be nice if we could find them all, or even find all of the participants.  :-\
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #817 on: October 27, 2011, 12:38:44 pm »
It has been years since I've seen any of the bows. I think Eddie might have one or 3.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #818 on: October 27, 2011, 01:25:20 pm »
I sure would like to see the one I backed for you Pat.It was pretty wet at that time high in MC,  ;) ;D ;D ;DShould be dry by now. ??? ::) That is the only bow I have ever backed , with another piece of wood anyway. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #819 on: October 27, 2011, 01:46:10 pm »
Maybe you can talk Eddie into bringing them when he comes next month.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #820 on: October 27, 2011, 03:18:14 pm »
 I still have two,  Been trying to figure out how they belong to. One of these days when I learn how to make a bow I'm going to give it a try. :o  They are still in good shape. I think the dust collecting on them has helped the moisture content.  In all seriousness. I think one is Pappy's and the other??? They are both Osage staves and I did get tip overlays on one of them.  Maybe I'll blow the dust off the paper work and find out the particulars ::)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #821 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:55 pm »
Keenan, Hillbilly and Brian(Koan) have them all. ;D ;D ;D ;D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Josh

• Silence is golden but duct tape is silver.
« Reply #822 on: October 27, 2011, 07:23:38 pm »
this is by far my favorite thread. ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #823 on: October 27, 2011, 07:35:51 pm »
This is real friendship, you don't see anyone here getting pissy over a bow taking a LITTLE longer than it should.  ;D
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #824 on: October 27, 2011, 07:53:19 pm »
This is real friendship, you don't see anyone here getting pissy over a bow taking a LITTLE longer than it should.  ;D

We are the poster children for Patience >:D O:)  Heck now that it's been a few years and several surgeries later I can't remember what the stave was that I sent out anyway, so it just adds to the suspense. At the pace we are going all our bows will look like the Iceman's bows and they will be historical artifacts! :o