Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321056 times)

Offline Keenan

Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 11:04:48 am »
  Ah Man,,,,,Thats a to bad you both will be missed but definately understand. However I did get a chuckel out of the mental image of Jamie's wife chasing him through the kitchen with a stone ax in her hand, and the two younsters following close behind yelling "run dady run"  LOL    Keenan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2007, 12:36:52 pm »
Matt,jamie sorry to hear that but like the others I understand.So justin I guess we are down to 7.
     Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2007, 12:50:57 pm »
Sorry to here u guys have to back out. Pappy, go ahead and send the wood  that YOU want, my only experience is with osage and I have found that chasing a ring is the easy part. ;D. Sooo... Im sendin a stave to Keenan then?
              Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2007, 04:31:13 pm »
Hey Pat I know that Kenneth is Little John, and Keenan is bornagainprimitive.  That is not the first time I have stuck my foot in my mouth and I'm sure it wont be the last.  The worst part is I have big feet an I think I stepped in dog crap besides. You are right though, we haven't heard from Kenneth for a while. I was also wondering about J.D.
Koan, you don't need to worry about being the newby.  I can count the selfbows I have made on one hand.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2007, 01:43:20 am »
Fellows, I'm still in but I'm slow!  Please be patient. I'm sorry that Matt and Jamie won't be joining us but guys, we promise we will share.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2007, 06:07:19 am »
Koan I am slow also,I got the knife off yesterday but it will be after I get back before I get the stave off.I guess we are not in that big a hurry anyway.To much going on.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2007, 11:14:20 am »
I'm kind of glad you guys are busy.   I'm slow too, but I'm slow building bows. This will allow me a little more time with Keenan's  bow without holding up the process.  ;D Seriously guys, we aren't in a hurry.  This project is about fun and friendship not speed and how fast we can turn out a bow.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2007, 11:26:05 am »
Thanks justin that makes me feel better.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2007, 12:19:58 pm »
 Good lay out on the plans Justin, If we get in to much of a rush you don't enjoy the journey. I think this will challenge all of us to work different types of wood and each bow will have it's own unique style and theme developing helping us all to learn something new.I'm excited to see how each persons skills are imparted to the bow to bring on the end result. On top of that when we are out and about at shoots or events I can proudly share the workvof some friends.      Keenan

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2007, 05:28:24 pm »
Sounds good to me too, Im in the process of closin on my house and movin....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2007, 06:34:42 am »
Koan I got the stave packed up yesterday,still ant sure I will get it out this week,but I am getting
closer.If not it will go out when I return early Feb.It's a good looking stave 70 in Long and I attached a sign up sheet with Draw,weight and right hand.Do what ever you like with it.I ant picky when it comes to bows as long as you don't put ant wheels on it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2007, 11:18:04 am »
Guys, Please be patient with me also. I'm changing real estate offices as of Feb, ! and with other regular stuff I'm running low on time. I have the wood for Justin's bow(hickory) and am still thinking about what for Steve(Hillbilly) and trying to get some arrow work done for the Community bow. The community bow is #1 priotity but I will get the others done...in time.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2007, 12:55:40 pm »
Yeah, I've been really tied up with a thousand things lately, both work and home/family related, with little free time. Kinda glad everyone else is in the same boat, because this is a great idea and I definitely want to participate, but it'll be first of the month at least before I can get my stave shipped-I've still got some staves to prep and ship to Badger before I can work on this one. Things hopefully will slow down a bit in the next couple weeks.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2007, 06:29:04 pm »
  Well ,sounds like we are all on the same page.I just started the new job and it's a lot different being the boss.And I need to look like I'm trieing to finish painting the house.Pappy I might get my stave mailed this weekend.I'm trieing to get some points together for Chris Cade.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2007, 08:57:01 pm »
Thats fine mullet,I will be leaving on the hog hut Sunday morning and won't be back till Friday night but Joanie will be here to bring it in.I won't get mine sent out untill I get back.was going to town today and do it but got tied up so it will have to wait.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good