Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321269 times)

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #435 on: April 03, 2007, 09:30:02 am »
I would wait.  He hasn't been on line.  If he isn't home or is super busy, he cant work on them anyway.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #436 on: April 03, 2007, 10:18:59 am »
OK that is what I was thinking,if we can't locate him in a while I will send them to the next one the list witch is Chris.I sent him a pm and didn't get a responce has he sent the one of Mullet's that
I laid out and floor tillered to Chris yet? :-\
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2007, 12:53:37 pm »
Well I just talked to Brian's Mom? She said he is okay, and has been working a lot. he also just moved and she doesn't think he has his connection set up. Pappy, I think its okay to send them... Chris

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #438 on: April 03, 2007, 12:55:57 pm »
I just read your last message. I haven't gotten Mullets bow yet. I know he's busy, but I wouldn't bypass him yet. I left my phone number for him to call. I'll let you know when i talk to him.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #439 on: April 03, 2007, 01:02:35 pm »
Please do that and see if his address is still the same,I wasn't going to bypass him till I heard
something for sure.I will just hold these for a few more days.I guess none of us are in a hurry. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #440 on: April 03, 2007, 03:45:01 pm »
Glad to hear he is OK.  We weren't going to skip him until we heard something one way or the other.  But a new address would sure make delivery a lot faster.  I have seen what happens when the PO forwards mail.  >:( Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #441 on: April 03, 2007, 05:46:10 pm »
I think the old address is his folks, so I think he would still get it. Anyhow, I'll send something when I hear from him if he hasn't already done it.

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #442 on: April 03, 2007, 06:56:57 pm »
Okay, I just talked to Brian. He's just been very busy, and he doesn't have internet at his new house yet. Pappy, he said to keep sending the bows to the same address you have. Its his mom and dads, and they will get it for him. If you want I can PM you with his phone number. Brian's the second one from the circle I've had the pleasure of talking to from the circle. If he and Keenan are any indication, we have a great group of guys. I even heard Pat's pretty okay too ;D

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #443 on: April 03, 2007, 09:05:19 pm »
Im still kickin...mandatory overtime sucks! Pluggin away at Mullits bow finally....hopefully be done this weekend. Pappy, sendem on. Pappy, dont have a hotbox but do got a good dry place to keep it, is that gonna be enuff?

Justin, still lookin for that gnarly stave for ya...I aint forgot.

Chris, great talkin with ya, thanks for the info.

Might be a few days before I get on again but everything is cool here, sorry if I slowed things up.

luvpeesanchikingrease...Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #444 on: April 03, 2007, 09:23:23 pm »
Well I was going to hold up a day or 2 but my lovely wife took it on her self to send it today.She knew I had them packed and was going to town so she sent it off.I used the address I had so it should be fine.She did insure them and got it to where someone
has to sign for it.I we talked about it and I wasn't going to do that but she didn't know,so I just said Thank you. ;D We were worried about you glad to hear all is fine.These should be ready to do tips or finish sanding or what ever you want to do.I have a string made for each but didn't serve them.Pat sorry it is a double loop.I use the single for tillering but usually make the string for the bow when finished double loop.If you don't like it I guess you can make what you like.Good luck and have fun. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #445 on: April 03, 2007, 11:36:09 pm »
Good to hear from you Brian.  To much work does suck, but not nearly as bad as not enough work.  You aren't holding anything up, that is my job. And might I add I do a mighty fine job of it.  ;D I still need your address.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #446 on: April 04, 2007, 12:33:04 am »
Pappy, I don't mind double loops. I had a hard time making them when I started so I made it easy for myself with single loop and a bowyers knot.  Glad to know you're OK brian. Believe it or not, this archery stuff isn't as important as real work...a lot more fun but not as important.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #447 on: April 04, 2007, 05:03:03 pm »
  Just got home from Cade's.Glad to hear Brians ok.Turkey hunting was tough up there.Seemed like what I left in Florida.It was Pop corn fart dry.Birds didn't want to gobble,made it really tough.We had a great time though,some buddies came down from Penn. and Tom Brennan came down for the weekend and brought me and Chris a super osage stave a piece.It was just iceing on the cake for the weekend.Also cut some really good cane.We have 3 more weeks of turkey's here ,but I'm ready for some wood.How about it Hillbilly?
  P.S. steve you should have come down ,I brought rock with me.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #448 on: April 04, 2007, 05:10:21 pm »
Eddie, wish I could have made it down, but I've just had too much work and other stuff going on. I'll run into you somewhere before long, though. You coming to Hickory? It'll probably be next week before I get a bow headed your way. Like I said-hectic this time of year. I've got Justin's almost ready to brace, though, so it'll go quick from there.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #449 on: April 04, 2007, 10:19:55 pm »
 Hillbilly,Naw, I can't make it this year.I'll be there next year.Tom Brennan came down ,and I'll tell you what .That man is making some fine shooting bows.He doesn't give hisself enough credit.Anyway,I'm hunting,maybe to the end of June if I can get away with it  with my wife.Send the wood when you get a chance.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?