Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321185 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2007, 07:52:32 am »
By the way,what am I supposed to do to Pat's.I guess I will re tiller and what else.I mean if it had come to me at weight and was ready for the next set what would have that been? :-\
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2007, 10:28:22 am »
Pat, I don't want to shirk my duties of tillering, but I'm thinking I might send Chris's on to you to tiller.  I know it was my turn to do the tillering, but I don't want to do too much to the bow myself.  I got it bending, and R/D.  And I removed a bunch of propeller twist from it.  I'm starting to feel like I'm being greedy and not sharing with you.  ;D  Ill post some pics tonight when I get home.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2007, 10:42:27 am »
Looks good to me Pappy. I knew you could do it!
   Justin. That's fine with me. If I screw it up can I blame it on you?  ;D  I would like to see pics.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2007, 12:21:30 pm »
Pappy looks good to me too. Justin, can't wait for the pics. This is fun just seeing the progression for the bows..... Chris

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #334 on: March 17, 2007, 01:06:54 pm »
OK Chris I have kept you in suspense long enough.  ;)  I have got to do some more tweeking today.  Some of the propeller twist came back while I was reflexing and the tips don't line up.  >:( Ill work on it some more when I get home from taking the kids to soccer. Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #335 on: March 17, 2007, 01:30:21 pm »
Jjustin, that's looking good. Have fun at he soccer game. My youngest son's track is going on, and baseball is fixing to start up so I know the feeling. I can't wait to lay may hands on that yew. I've been hearing so much about yew all my life, and now I'll have a bow from it. Thanks again for the stave Keenan.... :D 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: March 17, 2007, 03:36:17 pm »
Chris, I think I get this one next. I'll try not to screw up what the others have accomplished on your bow. I'm enjoying working on yew. It is a wonderful bow wood...and with the character this bow has, it ought to be a blast to tiller.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #337 on: March 17, 2007, 03:42:21 pm »
Pat, I've seen your work. I'm not worried. That r/d ought to make for a nice smooth draw.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #338 on: March 17, 2007, 03:57:21 pm »
   Good job on the R/D profile Justin, Your welcome Chris I hope it turns out, it's definately got some character.  Justin and Pat are probably going to be cussin me for that one.   
  Pat it will be a challenge but if it can be done I think you can handle it.  If for some reason it dosen't Let me know, I have one thats straighter and cleaner that I'll send instantly, just dosen't have much character.   Good luck on her  Keenan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #339 on: March 17, 2007, 06:36:13 pm »
Keenan, I'm looking forward to tillering this one.   Pat

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #340 on: March 17, 2007, 10:21:48 pm »
Well Pat your off the hook.  I started tillering it today and it was tracking funny because I hadn't got enough of the twist out.  I decided to tweak it with only heating a small section of the limb so I wouldn't loose all of the reflex again.  I knew I was pushing it a little hard with the minimum amount of heat, and it blew. 
Sorry Chris, I know it was just starting to look like a bow.  Keenan and I have already made arrangements for your new stave, so no worries.   Justin

[attachment deleted by admin]

SW Utah

Offline Little John

« Reply #341 on: March 17, 2007, 11:37:11 pm »
Man O Man It is like losing a good friend and I never laid a hand on it or evel laid eyes on her till now. Sorry Justin, I know how you feel.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: March 17, 2007, 11:56:19 pm »
Thanks Kenneth. I have only been making bows for a couple of years, but I have broken my share. I have learned not to get to depressed, but it still sucks.   I could always quit pushing myself so hard, but then I wouldn't learn as much.  I guess that is part of being an adrenalin junkie. You are always pushing the envelope.  Justin

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2007, 12:25:37 am »
 :'(    Pat

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #344 on: March 18, 2007, 12:31:37 am »
Better you than me.  ;D Sorry about this, Justin but if you ain't breakin' them, you ain't makin' them!!!  William Vanderhey said, in "The Secrets of the Omaha Bow" there are 2 kinds of bowyers, those that have broken bows and those that have not yet broken bows.   Save that bow because you may find another limb somewhere to match the good one.    Pat