Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321158 times)

Offline Agbowyer

Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2007, 11:39:47 pm »
Thanks Kenneth, it was definitely one of my more productive scouting trips. hought he was a bull coming down the trail. It was almost dark, and he got past me before I realized it was a hog. Saw him one other timr from about 150 yards.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2007, 11:54:24 pm »
That is one big pig.  I guess it could be a new weight loss program.  By the time you get done chewing a chop, you have burned more calories than you get.  I guess I would have shot him if I had to.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #272 on: March 08, 2007, 12:57:27 am »
PAPPY, this bow sizzles. I don't know how it'll wind up, but I like it. Its still a little heavy for your draw, but I think it'll lighten up with the finish. By the way, you owe me two arrows. I was only fifteen yards away, but it dead centered two nocks. (always shoot better when I'm not trying). Keenan, if I can get to thPO tomorrow, I'll send it off.

Justin, thanks... I felt I had to. Beside, makes good sausage.... lots of sausage.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2007, 05:59:58 am »
Man that's a nice hog,and the bow looks great also.Can't wait to see it up close and personal.
I think I have one on the way to work on from Mullet,I am getting anxious.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #274 on: March 08, 2007, 02:32:10 pm »
I piked 1 1/2" off of each limb on Keenan's yew bow so now she is 62 1/2"t/t, and
53#@24", 60#@26". She seems quite a bit quicker now and will be even more so when the tips are reduced. So Steve, are you ready for her?  I'll let you know when I send her out or you let me know when you want her. Who is doing the finish work on Keenan's bow?    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2007, 03:22:38 pm »
   Yee Haw !!  Awesome Pat,  Sounds perfect for my short stubby arms..lol..  I would have to use my feet to get it past 26" draw so I think we are safe there.  3 1/2 lbs. per inch is right about where my ambush bow hits on the FD chart as well.  Thanks,    Keenan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2007, 04:32:42 pm »
My planets must be aligned!    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #277 on: March 08, 2007, 05:03:30 pm »
Can you guys let me know when you do this again? I would love to get in on this in the future.

David T.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2007, 08:22:10 pm »
David,  we will try to remember to let you know when we do it again.  My memory is spectacular, kind of like a computer, I just wish I knew which buttons to push to get the information I need.  ;D I usually remember about 2 weeks after I need to.  I would like to do it again about the same time next year, so keep your eyes open.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2007, 08:30:40 pm »
You got it! Maybe by then I will be halfwat descent at making bows. Now where did I put those camms?  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #280 on: March 09, 2007, 07:30:33 am »
David this started a little slow this year with the Community bow going on ,but now has taken off.
You for sure need to be in next time,it's been fun just wondering and waiting for what you get next.I am still waiting on my next project from Mullet,I think it is PatB's bow.I think he is sending it out this weekend.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #281 on: March 09, 2007, 08:47:51 am »
Pat, whenever is good with me. Maybe I'll get some free time in the next week to actually work on 'em.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: March 09, 2007, 09:43:48 am »
Steve, What are you scheduled to do on Keenan's bow. Tips and handle?  Pat

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2007, 10:33:23 am »
Okay Keenan, Pappy's bow is on the way. You should get it Monday or Tuesday. Brian, I'm ready for the next one... Chris

Offline Keenan

« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2007, 10:40:24 am »
 This is getting fun, one bow right after another.The anticipation of what is coming next is great. I picked up Brian's bow yesturday and Chris did a real fine job roughing it out to floor tiller.  I got the dilivery slip three days ago but did't get a chance to pick it up till yesturday.  I'll keep an eye out for the next one Chris.   Keenan