Author Topic: friendship bow circle  (Read 321129 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: friendship bow circle
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2007, 07:29:35 am »
justin I guess ups in different in other places,first thing here it is higher and they are so picky on how it is packed.I hardly ever get it right the first time to suit them.Plus the usp office is much closer for me.I I'll do what ever yall like but I perfer the usp office.It will all work out.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2007, 10:07:41 am »
Pappy, I have never shipped one before.  I believe UPS is more expensive here too.  I'm just saying the PO usually leaves a note, and I drive to the post office.  Its only 2.5 miles so its no big deal.  Keenan is the first one to send me on by UPS and it was in a tube. I have got them by USPS with a shipping label stuck to the wood and shipped.   Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Keenan

« Reply #182 on: February 23, 2007, 10:54:49 am »
   You can ship staves through regular mail cheaper.They don't like it and sometimes will try to tell you they wont take it. They also ad an extra ten dollars if it's not in cardboard.  The other draw back is it can take 10 days to 6 weeks to get there with regular mail service.With UPS it was around 6 dollars more but insured to $100.00 and trackable and quarentied to be there in 3 days. All that wasn't nessesary but I like the peace of mind. Keenan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: February 23, 2007, 11:56:34 am »
I have shipped 7 in the last month and was only 15.00 to ship Insure and track from the post office
and it has never took over 3 days.The draw back is most times they won't bring because it won't fit in there cars at least for the rule rt.s.I sent 2 Hickory stave's to Okla.and only cost 22.00 and he had them in 3 days.The key on the price is it has to be no more than 120 in. total that is length
plus around the center of the package.If it is more than that it is 10.00 more.Not trying to start trouble just trying to figure out what is best seem like some like one way and some like another.Imagine that. :)
   Pappy

Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2007, 12:05:31 pm »
 Thanks for the info Pappy, I'm always looking to save on the shipping if I can. I have to also state that when I said 10-days to 6 weeks for regular mail, that is based on what I was told,not by experinece. After hearing of your good success with the postal service, I may try that next, especially because it's going to the same address. that way I can get some real true time dillivery comparisons.   Keenan

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: February 23, 2007, 12:49:24 pm »
I have had real good luck with them so far,hope you ant disappointed.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2007, 02:01:24 pm »
I send everything USPS. I get the best service from them. For things of value, the postal person told me to send priority mail. Fewer hands touch it when sent priotity and when dealing with any shippers, the fewer hands that touch it, the better. 
   I have heard horror stories about shipping UPS and they can always find a way to blame you for their screw ups.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2007, 06:51:51 pm »
Hey Pappy, got Mullets stave. They tried to tell me they delivered it successfully on Saturday...lol...good thing I could see it leaning in the corner of the Post Office... really.

Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2007, 07:26:39 pm »
  Hey guy's I do the same as Pappy.I've never had a problem with the postal service.I've taken so much wood in to be shipped that they don't even bother to measure it anymore.I just wrap the staves in shrink wrap plastic to cut down on splinters and stick a shipping label on it.It's usually there in 3 days,because I ship it Priorty mail.It's cheaper and faster.I hate getting stuff I have to sign for.I get home from work after the Post Office closes and had alot of stuff sent back after 3 days when I couldn't get there.I've never had anybody steal a log or box of rocks yet.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2007, 10:53:56 pm »
Got Pappys bow ready to ship on to Chris. Sorry no pics, camera quit! I'll send it out Sat. or Mon....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2007, 10:14:49 pm »
Wow! Just found this thread. You guys are doing amaizing stuff! Saw Agbowyers post for the hunt we are going on end of March for hogs. Any of you comming on the hog hunt?
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Agbowyer

« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2007, 12:27:08 am »
Brian's stave is roughed out and reflexed to 2 1/2". I should be able to mail it to Keenan first of the week. I'll try to post some pics Monday.

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2007, 04:35:10 pm »
OK Pat, I just got back from the Post Office.  Keenan's stave is on the way.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2007, 04:47:38 pm »
Chris, Im headin to the P.O. right now with Pappys stave, should get it in 3 to 4 days....Brian

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: February 27, 2007, 12:55:34 am »
Good Justin. I need something to do.  Keenan, Keep your fingers crossed.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC