Author Topic: Yumi bow, Yonsun-nobi  (Read 32901 times)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
Re: Yumi bow, Yonsun-nobi
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2009, 03:47:56 pm »
Same here, I dont know anything about these bows, but it looks like a high level of patience and skill to contruct one, very impressive.  I  am also very interested in the rope and wedges, I've never seen this before, but it is a really  good idea, I may experiment with it.

beautifull bow!! I woukld love to try shooting it!
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Rich Saffold

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2009, 06:47:54 pm »
Ale(Mr. Kinjo), From Japan is dong the same style bow on Paleoplanet, and he didn't like using the Tiiebond since the working time wasn't long enough  for this style of glue-up..Made sense to me. For ropes and wedges, hide glue is probably better.

Rich

Offline adb

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2009, 07:41:00 pm »
Excellent job, on an obviously complex build. I look forward to your future efforts.

Rambalac

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 04:19:48 pm »
It's not yonsun-nobi, yonsun-nobi is not style, it's length and that length is 233cm, not 190. It's like "I made 92-inches-bow 75 inches long".
No one even sell arrows less than 85cm, children who should use shorter arrows are not strong enough to draw even 7kg bow.
Bow base(distance between bow and string) is 3" on the photo, which is twice small than any real yumi.
And draw is wrong, both hands. Hands should be strictly in the same plane as body, string should be far behind ear, left wrist shouldn't be so crooked.

coyote pup

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 04:51:16 pm »
Awesome piece of work! What kinda pounds are ya pullin there at 32"?