Linked Events

• Presque Isle Field Shoot: May 22, 2009 - May 24, 2009

Author Topic: Presque Isle Field Archers 4th Annual Traditional, Primitive shoot.  (Read 41136 times)

Offline GlennM

Re: Presque Isle Field Archers 4th Annual Traditional, Primitive shoot.
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 08:54:49 am »
Ryan,

How is the mud and the bugs?  It has been dry here so I expect the same there, but the warm temps might bring out the black flies.

We are leaving Friday afternoon as soon as Kiersten and I get home friom school.  See you around dinner.

Glenn

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2009, 11:51:36 pm »
Glenn, the course is about as dry as it gets.... ;) There are a few black gnats but nothing compared to up at Hawkeye the last couple years.
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline GlennM

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2009, 09:09:55 am »
Cool Beans!  We are just about loaded up.  I made up a few quivers and have a great recipe for pernil (Carribbean Pork), inspired from our last vacation for the camp feast MMmmmm.

See you soon.

Glenn

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2009, 02:50:55 pm »
Pappy, I've been here now going on two days, the weather is just beautiful and the camp sight is in great shape, we have your spot saved between Me and Ryan wheather you like it or not!!!
Ryan and the crew here has your firewood pile close by. All I can say is the SMOOKER ROUND will be a challenge , your going to have a blast, I'll get back with the rest of the story later.
Chuck
"All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Offline steve thinnes

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2009, 07:21:49 pm »
Brother Dan and I just got back to Cincinnati from the 4th Annual Presque Isle shoot. What a great time! Everyone and everything about this club will make us look forward to coming again next year.

Congratulations Ryano, you have a good thing going with your club, can't say enough about the hospitality we received from everyone we met. Keep it up, you have a winner!

Steve

Offline Ryano

« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2009, 07:54:30 pm »
Thanks Steve.  ;D I'm just glad y'all enjoyed your selves, we'd be glad to have you back next year! I just hope Pappy caught up on his sleep some today. He was looking pretty warn out. I think he needed a vacation from his vacation.  ;D

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2009, 08:52:36 pm »
Ryan, Pat, Fletch, Jim, Dr. Jared, and many others including Madam President that was putting a woopin on the food department with the help of other guys and gals. I couldn't ask for better target layouts, except for the first target in the Smoker Round that smoked me. The weather was the great, so I can't think how the shoot could be any better. Hanging out with Pappy, John, Steve and Dan the (turd hurder) Maw and Me are still laughing, I hope that everyone can make it next year. I pray that everyone had a safe trip home. Maw and Me did have a little trouble on our way back, we had a flat on the truck on the Turnpike going back to Michigan, since we had a flat on our trailer last year when we were on our way to the shoot, we kinda wonder if that is an omen, both vehicles has almost new tires, Go Figure. I guess I didn't win the Ryan bow, but he is working on one that just might live with me. Lets see 364 days left, heck that ain't long..
I'll try to load some pictures later. and again thanks to all the Dudes and Dudeets.
Maw and Me ( Chuck & Rusti )

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2009, 08:04:24 am »
What a great time,thanks Ryan,Pat and all the put this together.I had a great time and hope yall done good for the club. See yall soon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Ryano

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2009, 10:14:29 am »
Thanks Charlie sorry to hear about your tire, but don't worry I won't tell anyone one your afraid of the dark.. :o ...whoops did I just say that out loud.  :D

Pappy, we did great, thanks to guys like you and Charlie who suport the club! Thanks ! You can expect to see some new interesting targets next year.

Here's a link to some pictures of this years shoot on our website. More to come.  http://www.pifieldarchers.com/Photos09TradShoot.html

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2009, 11:55:56 am »
Ryan, thanks again for a great shoot, me and Steve enjoyed ourselves, we'll be back next year. Chuck and Maw, thank you also for letting us share your campsite with you. Chuck, if you could down load the pictures you got from me, i would be grateful, I haven't learned how to do that yet. You know the picture that has to be posted? Everybody will get a kick out of that.  Great times, great food, and great new friends, can't get any better than that.
Pappy and John, it was great hanging out with you too, Made a few notches up the line with Pappy, as Steve and Bear are going down.   Brother Dan

Hey John, whats the web sites again for the magnesium fire starters and the tomahawks. 
Cleves, Ohio

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2009, 02:01:00 pm »
Man, that looks like a great shoot. I've got to try to make it up there one year.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2009, 03:42:04 pm »
 " Hey John, whats the web sites again for the magnesium fire starters and the tomahawks."

PM incoming :)

John
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline CHA-CHING

• Chuck
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2009, 07:23:47 pm »
Bro Dan, Your wish is my comand. A picture of the infamous Pappy Baggett sleeping, How can that be ???? Dan you deserve a lot of credit, very few if any can catch Pappy sleeping. You be da man !!! Last year I got one of him coming out of his Barbie tent. I also have one of him on my camera I'll post later. Charlie

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2009, 05:38:48 am »
Dan you just lost a few slots on my list. Man I was out of it. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2009, 06:38:00 am »
Pappy, I can't believe you stayed up so late Friday night, you kept saying you were going to bed, then you would say one more. I knew you were worn out when you crashed Saturday night after supper. Hey, I closed your tent up while you were sleeping, or you would have got rained on, that should have move me up a couple of slots but if not the picture was worth it. I wish I could find another picture of you that Bubba took at Cloverdale a few years back drinking a Budweiser, but I think you threw the only one in the fire. You got to admit, those are some classics.
Chuck, you need to put up the rest of the pictures.   Brother Dan 
Cleves, Ohio