Author Topic: hick board bow  (Read 9563 times)

Offline brownhillboy

Re: hick board bow
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 11:26:43 pm »
Looks like a meat maker to me Tim.  Good job. :)
south central VA

Offline sailordad

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2009, 12:56:24 am »
thanks guys  i appreciate the comments.

and i know it sounds like a honey do,but when it comes to painting this honey dont.thats her thing,and she does it all by herself too i just stay out of the way ;D

now to answer a couple of qustions.

jesses: i checked it last at 26" and it was about 53#,did a little sanding and have it pulling to 29" right now but havent put it back on the scale yet.
i plan on shooting this one in next week and rechecking tiller,and then i will check final weight and let ya know :)

johnk:that sucker is 72" tip to tip,i kept it long as it needs a 28" draw and trying to kep the weight up near the 50# mark.its going to be used by young adults and ya never know how much abuse they are going to put it thru,so i figured a l little longer should last a little longer ;D

akapk:ya this one should be a good bow,hope its brother turns out this well. i will only get to put a hundred or 2  arrows thru it,but y i think i'll like shooting it.

one of these days i might just have to keep a bow for myself.just started another hick stave and an iron wood stave maybe one of these will be a keeper.

peace,
                                                                                tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2009, 11:52:36 am »
Got your fine weapon bookmarked for February Self BOM Fun ;)
When you're retired, every day is Saturday