Author Topic: paleo  (Read 7297 times)

Offline Bone pile

paleo
« on: January 09, 2009, 08:13:54 pm »
I've been under the attack of Yankee Tourist germs and been down for a few days.Then I turned on the TV last night and watched the GATORS work and I felt like goin' primitive.So I knocked out some ol'style points.

Hope all is well and good with ya'll

Bone pile
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: paleo
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 08:29:56 pm »
  Real nice, Roger and the points are great looking, too. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

PeteDavis

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 10:26:51 pm »
Truly mastodon-worthy pieces.

PD

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:19:35 pm »
jerk...your team won and you made better points...lol   seriously though-   awsome looking points i wish mine looked like that. maybe someday- Ryan
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 09:46:10 am »
Nice,nice,nice! Excellent work.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline brownhillboy

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 11:09:22 am »
Great looking points!  Of all the things I've tried so far connected with primitive archery, knapping is giving me the most trouble.  I can definetly appreciate the work you've done! :)
south central VA

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 12:26:52 am »

Wow, those are nice!  I bet a Seminole would be able take out a lot of gators with those...... ;D

Wayne

Offline Bone pile

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 09:18:45 pm »
Pete
here's a different shot at those

hope this works for ya

Roger
Venice Florida

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 10:06:04 pm »
Wayne, those points were way before the Seminoles wandered down here. You can find those points 30 miles out in the Gulf of Mexico. With several found 15 miles offshore of the Aucilla River south of Tallahassee.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 10:35:56 pm »

That is true, and probably long before the Ais, or Tequesta,  But it still, makes a Gator Fan ruffle some neck feathers.  ;D have cousins that the whole family is absolutely slap ate up with the gators.  Being alumini and such.  I like to fluff their feathers now and then also...... ;D

Wayne

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 10:44:57 pm »
great job brother, now all you have to do is haft them to a spear and go get some wooly Mammoth backstrap...Hawk 
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 10:55:47 pm »

That is true, and probably long before the Ais, or Tequesta,  But it still, makes a Gator Fan ruffle some neck feathers.  ;D have cousins that the whole family is absolutely slap ate up with the gators.  Being alumini and such.  I like to fluff their feathers now and then also...... ;D

Wayne
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Try the Timucan er Caloosa Wayne........bob

Offline stickbender

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 10:59:21 pm »
     I bet they would do a number on a Wooly Mamoth.  I will wait in camp, and you can tell me if you got one or not.  I am not getting that close to one of those things, till it has been dismembered!  I will help you haul the ivory away though...... ;)I've always, wondered, not only who they got to clean one of those things, but who had to drag it home!!  I don't think I would want to mess with them. ;D ;D  Aw rats, they got a Mamoth, well, I'm not dragging this one home piece by piece, I'm moving the camp to it. ;D ;D

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:00:43 pm »
 Making fun of Gator fans is just down right sick.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 11:08:28 pm »
     Those guys might know about those things.  If I ever run into one, I will ask about those points, and get back to you.  Man, just imagine what it must've been like back then.  A bit scary I would imagine.  I bet there were some big ol rattlers then!  Not to mention the Gators......sloths, lions, wolves, Mammoths, and maybe even some megalodons, swimming about...... ;)
  I would have to tote my 45-70 with me.  It is the biggest thumper I have, at the moment.  Other than a 12 gauge slug.  Man those people really had some jingle bells, to be able to make it in that environment.  But man, can you just imagine the hunting, and fishing/!! ;D ;D  come on, somebody, invent a time machine...... 8) 8)
                                                                                Wayne