Author Topic: appreciations  (Read 3547 times)

Offline dragonman

• virabows.co.uk
appreciations
« on: January 01, 2009, 12:53:25 pm »
I would just like to say how much I appreciate the facillity of this forum and all the interaction with you friendly bowyers. I've been making bows pretty much on my own, so it's really nice to get all the feed back and the chance to talk about bows, I've learned loads already. So thanks again and nice to meet you all ( if only through the wires).
Wishing you all a happy new year and many successful bows to come.  All the best ,   Dragonman
'expansion and compression'.. the secret of life is to balance these two opposing forces.......

Offline DanaM

Re: appreciations
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 12:57:03 pm »
Same here Dragonman, I also do this alone and sometimes I bore the heck out of my wife with bow talk. This board provides
us a place to share our successes and our failures.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 12:58:59 pm »
Back At You Dragonman....same here....don't have a Soul withing 300 miles of ME to help Me learn to Build a Bow.....was taught a little when I was a Kid....then took a 35 year Hiatus....and am trying to learn again on my Own!!! You did good this Month....I believe I voted for you on something............. ::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline dismount

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 01:19:09 pm »
Ditto for me dragonman, I don't get a chance to go many places, and this forum has taken me to several countries, The best part is seems I only meet the best folks wherever I go on my computer. You always have someone to take an interest in what you say.  Dismount :)

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 07:07:28 pm »
We appreciate you!, Dragonman. Bows like yours are real bar raisers. Thanks for sharing.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 07:13:20 pm »
Same back at ya, dragonman. I've learned more here over the years than everywhere else and everything else put together. I've been lucky enough to get to meet many of the members here in person, also-and I don't know aof a better bunch of people anywhere.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2009, 08:01:52 pm »
Awesome sight! Dragonman, you are the best. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Kegan

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2009, 08:22:20 pm »
Amen! I owe almost everything I can do to this forum and the wondeful people here. If It were'nt for them, I wouldn't even have the bow I'm shooting right now (thanks Pat B ;))! I've got my brother to talk bows to, but between the two of us we'd still be shooting untillered green sticks if it wasn't for this forum and all the great people here :).

Offline Jesse

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2009, 08:42:46 pm »
Yup this is the place to be. I dont even own any bow building books "well I do have Tbb#3 but that doesnt count" I learned just about all I know from this site and Im not the fastest learner ;D
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline sailordad

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 10:15:36 pm »
JESSE-S

i'm like you,dont own a single bow making book.
absolute everything i know about making bows i learned from all the good and knowledgable folks here.

although i do keep askin for the TBB series for gifts.got a b-day comig soon,maybe i'll get lucky.
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd