Author Topic: Shipping bows?  (Read 3253 times)

Offline islandpiper

• "Just one more bow, OK?"
Shipping bows?
« on: November 21, 2008, 08:38:35 am »
What is th best way to send a bow?  UPS or USPS?  Do they need to be in PVC pipe? Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I'd be happy if someone in the Caribbean wanted one, I might have to hand deliver it.  heh heh heh

thanks in advance, Piper

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
Re: Shipping bows?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:03:19 am »
Ive sent bows through both! If you have the pvc use it.. I think usps is as good as the next and have the better price..

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 10:04:49 am »
 I agree with David Knight. Pack it the most secure way you can. And don't waste your money insureing it. They will not pay up for home made stuff you can not prove the value of. Also if you ship it UPS, don't put fragile on it. That's the first thing to get drop kicked to the back of the truck.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 10:12:40 am »
Definitely USPS. UPS will destroy an anvil. PVC and plenty of bubble wrap.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 10:14:21 am »
I send only USPS! Too many horror stories from BROWN!  Ship it priority(fewer hands touch it) and  delivery confirmation so they can track it if necessary.
   I use 3", thin wall PVC tube with end caps and packing tape. Put wadded news paper or foam in each end to protect tips and other packing around(bubble wrap or wadded news paper) the bow.     I just bought a tube yesterday to ship the newest ELB I just posted.  Also, add your address inside in case the shipping label is damaged.
   Go to USPS website for sizes, postage and possible additional postage for oversize.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 10:43:12 am »
Yep.......USPS and if you are willing to pay the little more.....USPS Priority Mail with the free Tracking Number.......at least a Cardboard Cylinder with Bubble Wrap....I orefer 3 inch PVC Sewer Line....because it is Thin Walled.....no Insurance.....and be sure to check the USPS Site to get the legal length Limits to where you are send it to....because an extra inch can add 20-30 dollars to the Price.....
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 10:55:47 am »
USPS and another container that wprks well is carpet tubes if you can find the smaller ones. We have several carpet stores here and they we just give you the tubes. Or call a carpet installer in your area, they probably have some.

"UPS could destroy and anvil"  Thats funny >:D

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 10:57:48 am »
Oh I forgot Keith....you can get the Triangle USPS Priority Mail Boxes too....and double them up lengthwise....with Bubble Wrap inside too....and these are free at the Post Office
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:48 am »
I use the triangle boxes.. you can have them delivered to your house for free!!! just go to usps web site and order them and free tape!! You dont get much free from them so I use it!!

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 12:26:40 pm »
Thats right David......I have an Attic full of free USPS Priority Mail Boxes....and supplies.....only thing about ordering them....they comein Bulk...and you need room to store the Different Sizes....if you ship as much different stuff as I do......
2024...We Will Overcome