Author Topic: Boo Bow Tiller check Help needed  (Read 5824 times)

Offline adb

Re: Boo Bow Tiller check Help needed
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008, 01:00:08 pm »
Why have you put the black wrapping around the R limb?

Offline Gordon

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008, 05:02:36 pm »
but some how the 5 to 8 area doesnt seem to be bending at all

It's actually bending quite a bit considering the amount of reflex the outer limbs have. What happened in the area you wrapped?
Gordon

Offline DanaM

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008, 05:07:16 pm »
Hi all,

I have done more scraping and i think i have ruin the bow......... the black patch in the pics shows a patch of 3" boo that i have presurre wrap it with inner tube......... what do you think guys , should i continue or start on a news one?

I have done more scarping from the last threat., approx 180 scrap on each limbs but some how the 5 to 8 area doesnt seem to be bending at all...........................

any advise much appreciated here, Thanks.......RT

I'm thinking a fret developed ??? Don't know anything about bamboo bows so I have no idea if a patch is possible or not.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline RT

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008, 09:03:29 pm »
The wood at that area wrapped in black have crystalised, thus , i have plann down a boo approximately 3mm thick and 3.5 inches long and presure wrap it with a inner tube. If i was to brace it and pull it without the "patch" that area would just collapse.

Help me understand this.........from my previous pic, when i have drawn to 11" and the area from 5 to 8 is not bending, should I a) remove more wood.....and only start to proceed drawing it to only 11"only when that area have started bending at 11" then proceed to move higher on draw length       or  b) start removing wood , exercise the limbs and start proceeding to pull the string longer to 12, 13....14 as as you draw further, this will also cause the limbs to bend further that way....

RT
Skype ID:       robinpmtan
Yahoo chat ID : robt188

Offline RT

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 07:29:06 am »
Hi all,

This is drawn to 18" what do u think of the tiller so far? should i continue to pull it further?

RT

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Gordon

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 01:56:08 am »
What weight is it at now and what is your target?
Gordon

Offline RT

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2008, 08:28:04 pm »
Gordon, it is 48lbs at 24l". at 23 it is 44lbs, little stacking.....right?

Offline RT

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2008, 08:31:19 pm »
Guys, base on the last pics I posted........do you think that this is the correct tiller base on my unbrace profile, if it is not the correct tiller , can you share with me where i should have remove more wood to reflect the correct tiller for this bow?

Thanks, RT

a finnish native

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 09:40:00 am »
I think it looks pretty good.