Author Topic: Hickory backed red oak  (Read 2433 times)

Offline diegosdaddy

Hickory backed red oak
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:06:55 am »
I just glued a hickory backing on to a 70" red oak bow(floor tillered).  Question:  Do I need to trap the back?  Thanks,  Bill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Hickory backed red oak
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 01:57:28 am »
I never have.....just round the edges good
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline diegosdaddy

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 02:09:03 am »
El Destructo,  I've been meaning to ask you.  Didn't I read once that you live in Stinnet, Texas?  I partly grew up in Borger and had a lot of wild adventures there.  Bill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 03:18:11 am »
Yep Bill .......I have Lived in Stinnett for 26 years now...and worked at the Phillips Plant for 23 years now...damn I am geting Old!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline diegosdaddy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:23:41 pm »
Yeah, my dad worked at the Phillips plant and also at the carbon black plant.  My mother used to hang her clean wash on the clothesline and by the time they were dry, they were also black.  I remember setting pins at the bowling alley for 6 cents a line. I'd set 2 alleys at time,  and  after about 16 lines was so beat I could barely walk home, but it was either that or have no money at all.  That was in the early 50's.  Times were pretty tough for most folks in those parts, especially if their dad didn't work for Phillips.  Bill

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 03:42:27 am »
Still is Tough here if you don't work for Phillips  (ConocoPhlliips or ChevroPhillips)...they still set the Cost of Living around here.....you drive  the down town Streets here anymore...and you see more Plywood than Storefronts..the only place growing in the Panhandle are  Amarillo and Lubbock..the Phillips and Huber Carbon Black Plants have been sold and resold several times.....but are still open....if you drive the Road between them ...for miles the ground Trees and cattle are still Black....but not as bad as it was in the 80's!!
2024...We Will Overcome