Author Topic: Hey Pappy, remember this?  (Read 4911 times)

Offline n2everythg

Re: Hey Pappy, remember this?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 05:39:09 pm »
very nice job on the bow. good work round the knot as well. like cowboy said wish my first was a shooter. broke or ruined 4 before I had one that shot.
NICE Job.
and congrads on eagle scout.
wade
N2
East Coast of Nowhere

Offline cheapshot

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 11:35:17 pm »
My son had to work, so he could not go to the shoot with us. So I had to shoot it myself. I shot my best primitive score of the year, 151 on a 20 target course. I came in second to the guy who gave my son the stave by one point. I was well pleased with how she shot. And even more pleased that it didn't blow up.
After work this evening I went by another friends house and he gave me a real nice hickory stave that has been drying in his basement for over a year. So now it's time to build myself a bow. I have a bench and vice under a nice shade tree beside my barn. I enjoyed taking my time watching the shavings fall,and feeling the change in the wood as I worked Taylor's bow. I 'm going to start on mine tommorrow. Thanks for all the nice comments. If my next one holds together I'll  post a pic.

Offline sailordad

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 01:41:48 am »
nice job on that one

why wait to see if it becomes a shooter before you post a pic,post a pic and ask questions as your building it.
people here like that ;D ;D

peace,
                                                                                            tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Online Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 06:36:52 am »
Glad it shot well,I knew it would in your hand,keep us posted on the next one. You will need
to get in the selfbow Challenge this year at the Classic,It would be nice to have a few more that have actually built a bow before and lend some help to the new B'S.  :) ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Zach Roberts

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 09:54:03 pm »
Sweet bow.....Maybe your next will turn out just as nice.  The other one is a beauty.
"If you ain't first...you're last"

"If you're not living on the edge,You're takin up to much space"