Author Topic: New Bow  (Read 4288 times)

sknight199017

New Bow
« on: August 01, 2008, 11:08:53 pm »
I am a new user and I was wondering if I could get feed back on the type of bow that I am having built.  I am having my dad build me a bamboo backed Ipe.  The handle that will have osage, purple heart, and cocabola.  The tip overlays are going to be cocoabola and purple heart.  I am not sure what my draw length is but I do know that the poundage that I am pulling is at least 40 to 45 pounds.  If you have any opinions on the wood combinations or anything else I would appreciate it if you let me know about it.

Thank you very much and feedback will be appreciated.

Sierra

Offline Dano

Re: New Bow
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:20:10 pm »
Thank your Dad, it sounds like he is taking care of you.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Nevada

Offline sailordad

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:37:08 pm »
hard to beat a boo/ipe laminate bow

thats one of my favs ;D

tell your dad thanks, he and you picked a great combo

peace,
                                                                                               tim
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

sknight199017

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 11:57:55 pm »
Yeah he and I did pick a great combo.  I thank him all of the time for this bow and it is not even built yet.  He takes good care of the wants I have when it comes to the bow that I want considering he is letting me pick the kind of bow I want built.

Sierra

Badbill

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 12:41:13 am »
Purple heart and Osage sound like a good combination. I can't wait to see it mixed with Cocabola.

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2008, 06:37:26 am »
Well I see she has enough sense to ask for the opinions of some of the most talented and knowlegable guy's that I know..Of course yall know this is my Lil girl. ;D.. well I say little she will be 18 in a couple months but with her being the only girl out of 10 kids she will always be my little girl..I guess being the only girl has taught her to get all the info she can.. Not saying me and her brothers have ever steered her off the path >:D..

David

sknight199017

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 05:00:42 pm »
I can't wait to see how my bow is going to turn out.   I am really excited for this.  I love to shoot them and right now I am shooting my brothers bow and one of the other ones that my dad built but they are kinda big for me to shoot.

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 07:10:09 pm »
Ten kids! Same mother???!!!??? Yowsa! Must get crowded arround the bathroom!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

sknight199017

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 08:55:08 pm »
No not all of the ten kids are from the same mother.  My dad has 6 boys from a previous marriage and my mother has 4, 3 boys and me.  There is not a problem with the whole bathroom thing because my mom and I are the only females in the house so there is no problem with that.

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 04:04:15 am »
Now please explain how that works! Curious minds would like to know.  ;D 

You have got to have a separate bathroom then!!!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

sknight199017

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 03:53:14 pm »
There are only four of us kids living in the house with my mom and dad.  There are three of my brothers and me here.  That is how it works out.   ::) ::)

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 02:45:14 am »
Got it! I just had this image of nine kids lines up outside the bathroom in the morning hopping up and down in desperation waiting for their turn!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Just my twisted since of humor coming through again!!!   >:D O:) >:D

sknight199017

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 04:15:13 pm »
Oh ok.  I kinda figured that is what you were thinking.