Author Topic: Skinning/storing Snakes  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Postman

Skinning/storing Snakes
« on: July 20, 2008, 02:04:27 pm »
just untacked a dried skin from a month ago, getting the board ready for "Mr. Bitey".
2 questions, Guys,
Do you freeze the dried and rolled up skin? and
Is it easier to skin a "funky"  (2 days outside) frozen snake fully or partially thawed? ( wife kinda wants it out of the freezer....it sat 2 days outside, before she mummified it with 10 shopping bags)
Thanks,
Postman
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Skinning/storing Snakes
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 05:25:19 pm »
well....for the Dried Skins....just roll them up and store them in a cool dry place...I got mine in Ziplocks in my Night Stand!!

Now for the 2 day old snake....thaw it out ...but when you make you cut down the middle of the Belly Scales....be careful...after two days here....the Snake would be useless...the skin would slough off and would be trash....but then it may be fine....just be careful when you pull on it as you skin it....if it is still good ....it will stay in tact....if it was sitting too long it will most likely come apart on you....once the Body starts to decompose....and the Gases get up under the Skin....they deteriorate rapidly....good luck I hope it works....it would be a fitting end for Him to end up on a Bow Limb for you!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome