Author Topic: Meet Miss Copperhead - New Selfbow (BOM entry)  (Read 5998 times)

Ranger B

Re: Meet Miss Copperhead - New Selfbow (BOM entry)
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 02:12:02 pm »
Thanks all.  It's far from perfect but I don't know if even the best every truly satisfy themselves.  I still have plenty of room to grow but each time I try to get a little bit better and do more on my own.  I wasn't able to get over to see Pappy and Greg much so this one was pretty much entirely on my own.  The big knot gave me some challenges on this one.  It gives somewhat of a visual illusion.

I love the copperhead skins as well, in fact, I think I like them better than rattlers.  The color really works well with Osage.  I had to work the internet to find two big enough but I finally found a fellow on the Leatherwall that had some. 

I have a stave of Hackberry drying in my garage now so it will be my next project.  It was cut about 5 months ago so I need to take it over to Pappy's and put it in the hot box.

Again, thanks for all the feedback. 
Ranger

Offline Ryan_Gill_HuntPrimitive

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 02:48:56 pm »
looking real nice ranger, i am not personally a fan of skins, but those copperheads do look very nice, nice job- Ryan
Formerly "twistedlimbs"
Gill's Primitive Archery and HuntPrimitive

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 07:48:13 pm »
You did a great job on the tiller.  The skins are definitely pretty. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 08:45:04 pm »
Jimmy,
Looks like to me you followed some good advice and have a better tillered bow and some good experience as a result. It should make you a fine hunting bow! ;)

See you soon!
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 12:43:31 am »
  Looks real good Jimmy. Man, I bet you payed a premium for those skins. I had doubts about the tiller being off after looking at the crook in the upper limb, but you did real good following everybodies advice. Pretty bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 12:46:25 pm »
Looks much better now,You take advice very well.Good job Jimmy.You back in town yet ?
We are going to do a thing up in Ashland city Sat. if you are interested just let me know. :)
By the way the finish work on the bow looks great,got to love Copper heads,that is about all I like about them,but the do look good on a bow. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Ranger B

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 07:38:11 pm »
Thanks Pappy.  I am back in town but this Thr - Sat I am doing a Pioneer Trek.  My wife and I will be a Ma and Pa for 10 kids...5 boys and 5 girls.  We will all be dressed in 1850s attire and pulling handcarts with all our provisions.  It's at land between the lakes.  There are about 100 of us total involved in one way shape or form.  Our church puts this on and it really teaches the teenagers a lot about themselves. 

I'll be over to visit next week in the afternoon and I'll bring the bow for a final inspection.
Jimmy

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 06:52:16 am »
Cool,That is what we are doing Sat.in Ashland city.Pre. 1850 event.See ya in a few days. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good