Author Topic: What are your summer projects?  (Read 3991 times)

Offline samuraiwarrior

What are your summer projects?
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:16:22 pm »
I'd love to see what everyone else is going to be working on this summer. I just got out of school, and have until mid-August to try and get as much done as possible. I know I'm gonna be busy with all of these projects.  What is everyone else up to?

-Thomas

Offline 1/2primitive

• Bible believing Christian
Re: What are your summer projects?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 10:23:10 pm »
Looks like you have your hands full!
Unfortunately, I can't take pictures of my projects, because they just come up as I go along. :)
    Sean
Dallas/Fort Worth Tx.

Offline huntertrapper

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 10:32:28 pm »
yeah got some stuff there... probably get some arrows ready for deer season but not much else maybe a bow or two...
Modern Day Tramp

Offline sailordad

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:51:35 pm »
well i have some red osier shoots that need to be peeled,straightened and turned into arrows,turkey wings that need the feathers and bones removed for fletching and wing bone calls. now have about seven bows that need to be made.two flower planters to be built,some concrete steps that need to be leveled(they lean a little one way), ground blind that needs to be sewed up where i put an arrow thru it.clean and organize my garage. and oh yea because the economy is so dang messed up,may need to find a part time job for at night too.and that doesnt even take in to consideration the "honey do" list either.

oh yea,least i forgets,gotta be on the lok out for people cutting down trees, and gotta stop to ask the question,you know which one.
"you gonna be needing that log over there?" yep thats about it for the summer,bet i spend most of the time doing the last one more than i probably should and the others less than i probably should.but hey there is always next summer lol
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline bowmunky13

• eat more human
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 12:31:04 am »
well..... got  a hickory stick to do some cuttin on...
an ash d bow to finish
got a black locust dbow still sittin in the save... got some bradford pear to try out... it doesnt look too promising ... got some hard wood dowels to turn into ammunition for my stick slingers.....
got some steel to work into cutters....
got some stuff needs doin... i dont have no time to do it in...
i might be able to get some of it done
death by natural causes

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 06:14:26 am »
Right now I have a mess of bow wood, some rock, a bunch of shoots for arras, but no time to do anything with it.  :(
Traverse City, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:28:54 am »
honey do this and honey do that...... :(
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Postman

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:26 am »
Need a proper shaving bench to reduce a few new osage staves, have 3 others almost dry,, the little workmate bench with a log holding down the legs ain't cutting it...
"Leave the gun....Take the cannoli"

John Poster -  Western VA

Offline Scowler

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 10:58:44 am »
I just finished a plains-style quiver and possibles bag.  I have a pouch and knife sheath to make.  I will probably make some primitive arrows as well.  Other than that just working on my archery and atlatl skills.     

Offline Skeaterbait

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 12:30:15 pm »
Remains to be seen. I just got married and with that came a new shop (10x12 shed which is heaven compared to what I have had) which I have wired for lights and outlets but I still have to run an extension cord for the actual power. SO... if I don't get the real power run and install A/C, my wimpy little butt will be in the house doing nada.

Offline rivercane

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 12:33:42 pm »
I've got a hickory Sudbury  and Cherokee D bow started. :) A few pounds of N. Carolina Rhyoelite, two dozen Tonkin Cane shafts and some turkey feathers to make arrows.  I've got a lot started but no time to finish anything  :'(

Offline Kegan

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 07:21:26 pm »
Red Oak long D bow. One or two long hickory bows with deep handles- Hill style. Gotta order some arrow supplies. And by some I mean more than I should O:). Gathering staves, so I can get a nice little horde and let them have all the time they want to dry so I don't have to worry about more drying when it comes to bow making time- and trading to other's who need/want them. Fixing a raft with a neighbor for a raft race in July. Practicing lots of primitive skills. Cleaning out our room, building a stave-drying shed so I'm not taking my father's garage up anymore with trees, hickory backing strips, a take-down longbow, AP chem homework, school activities, and messing with other ways of "up grading" my bow building. And of course lots of practicing with lots of targets- including honing my "trick shooting", as well as getting ready for hunting season (I'm gonna be ready for this one, I swear!). Perhaps sell a few bows to pay for my addiction ;D.

I gotta about a million thins going through my head all at once. I'll probabaly only get to about four though :D.